Who've you spotted out and about?

More of a 'just for fun topic, I saw another OnTo vehicle and thought we could make a game of it :rofl:

I spotted a White E208 on the M1 near Sheffield on the other side of the motorway(BT70 E??) If that was you, hello!:wave:

1 Like

About 7 of us at work have onto vehicles, so I’m seeing them all the time.

Although two of us don’t have stickers in our cars so you wouldn’t know.

2 Likes

All the same make/model of car? Maybe 2 threads, most at one workplace as well.

Company cars or all private subscribers?

How do you know for sure that it was an ONTO vehicle from that distance? :thinking:

1 Like

After the article in The Times it may soon be a case of spotting an EV that isn’t from ONTO :wink:

1 Like

We all subscribe privately.

4 Zoe’s one 3 old one new
2 Nissan Leaf
1 Tesla M3

2 Likes

Wow. That must be a record! Did someone join first and the others follow one by one?

We actually had 11 of us pre lockdown, but one guy left the company and the other two handed the cars back.

I can’t remember what order we joined in but lots of referral codes have been handed out between us.

It helps that we all work in Milton Keynes and have over 400 charge points to use and don’t have to pay the premium parking, here EV’s just make sense.

3 Likes

Surprised ONTO haven’t used you for publicity :wink:

2 Likes

I think there’s a Zoe near me from Onto. Only reason I think it’s a onto car is the location of dash cam. There’s no other way of knowing an onto car is there?

Sticker on small window beside driver’s wing mirror.

Or stand near it, do a Bluetooth scan on your phone and if you detect a device named as the vehicle’s VIN number then its got the ONTO access hardware installed.

2 Likes

My Zoe is so retro it has the old, OLD Evezy logo sticker. Try spotting one of those! image

4 Likes

I can see why they rebranded… :rofl:

3 Likes

I saw an e-2008 out and about for the first time! Guessing it wasn’t anywhere here (yet…)

1 Like

Do you have to keep the sticker on the car. I have always taken the rear screen logos off. It’s just free advertising for the company

@Madasafish110 The one on the driver’s window? It’s very discreet. Helps us to recognise each other. Are you trying to pass the car off as your own? :wink:

2 Likes

Probably lol. But that’s fine. The only thing what is stopping me is I don’t want to be scared of it. Where i dare not drive it in case i get a stone chip etc.

I have a dog, for example, if i needed to take him to the vets am i allowed to put him in the car, with appropriate covers.

I think technically pets are supposed to go in cages in the boot. The important thing is no hairs, no smell and the animal is appropriately restrained in case of sudden braking.

1 Like

Consider taking out Car Hire Excess Insurance to cover this eventuality. An annual policy can be had for around £50. Make sure to take it out a day before your vehicle agreement starts though, otherwise you won’t be covered until your second month.

1 Like