Which one to get ZE40 R110 or ZE50 Iconic R135?

Hello guys, I wanna jump on the bangwagon and get one of the above cars. I really only need it to my commute to work (25 miles) where we have free chargers + the odd weekly shop for now. I was gonna get the ZE40 but the app’s been saying for weeks it’s unavailable for my post code, the Iconic does come up from time to time though. Is it worth the extra money or should I wait for the ZE40? Any advice?

1 Like

Welcome!
I’m a fan of the ZE40, but my advice would be not to count on yourself getting one. They’re popular due to low price but they aren’t getting any more added to the fleet and in fact are removing more and more as they get older now. It’s very unlikely you’ll get one at this point in my opinion. I’ve been checking too with no such luck.

Go for a ZE50. They are more expensive but you’re getting more power, more battery capacity, and the ability to recharge faster as you can rapid charge this unlike the older model they have.

Check daily and you should get a ZE50 Soon. ONTO ordered 1100 of them and I believe they’re still receiving ongoing deliveries of this model as part of this order. As an added bonus it’s likely (but never guaranteed) that if you order a ZE50 you’ll get a brand new car delivered.

3 Likes

They are in stock but it’s your postcode that’s the issue I could only get gt line for my postcode now I’ve got a car I’ve been able to swop into an i3 even though on website it says its unavailable at my postcode

2 Likes

Hi, like you I’ve decided to make the switch to the clean side. I opted for the Ze50 myself, rapid charge being the main reason as have 6 points all within 2 miles of home. I know it’s a little bit more (and definitely self indulgence due to low mileage I do :slight_smile:) but I think you do get a lot more car for your money.
I never even knew about On.to or considered an EV until my old dinosaur failed it’s Mot in spectacular fashion and now excitedly awaiting a new :crossed_fingers:Zoe in a couple of weeks.

3 Likes

I’d agree. The Ze50 is a much more appealing proposition. Mine is coming Monday in flame red (best colour in my opinion for the new Zoe)fingers crossed it’s one of the brand new ones! Although what time they turn up remains to be seen! Heavy snow tomorrow and Monday it seems. :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I have ordered the titanium grey this morning and have to wait 3 weeks :sweat:

2 Likes

I’ve gone for the Celadon blue, due in AM on 23rd… couldn’t wait until pm​:rofl::rofl::rofl:. After the past year I am so looking forward to something good.

3 Likes

@PeteRR could be a good sign it’s a brand new one if the wait is 3 weeks!

4 Likes

Mine was available next week but funds said no. Just looking forward to it and not having to worry anymore about repairs, MOT’s and the like, either cars are getting too complicated or I’m getting too old to keep doing the work myself as I used to love doing. Probably a combination of both but definitely the latter :cowboy_hat_face: at least.

1 Like

Yeah didn’t see many going for the blue… although I have to say the blue did look excellent in that fully charged long range review in Sardinia. Maybe it was just the beautiful scenery and sunshine that made it pop in the sunlight. :man_facepalming::laughing::face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that video and thought the same. I’m always one to go for the less popular colours too, like to stand out :grinning:

1 Like