What does 'Feature' button in app do?

The Onto app has five buttons along the bottom. The fourth one is ‘Feature’. What does it do?

I pressed it, expecting to be taken to another page, but after some time whirring I got a pop-up saying something to the effect that the feature has been activated. I have no idea what feature has been activated?

1 Like

Depending on what car you have, you may have started preconditioning, flashed the headlights, or unlocked the trunk, or frunk of your vehicle.

Unfortunately not all of the cars are configured in the same way, so you simply have to experiment to find out what it did for you.

3 Likes

Do you know if does anything for the ioniq?

I haven’t had an Onto Ioniq, so it’s hard for me to confirm either way. What I can say is that it generally (but not always) follows one of the functions that can also be found on the key fob.

With a Hyundai key, that likely means remote start for preconditioning, or trunk unlock.

It almost certainly does something, it’s just a case of playing around with it and investigating to actually find out what happened.

2 Likes

@Obroni2011 did you ever find out what this does on the Ioniq? I can’t figure it out. Thanks

I tested it on mine and it does nothing

1 Like

Nope no idea haha

1 Like

Besides unlocking and locking, does the key have a button for anything else?

1 Like

Think the physical key has a boot unlock button too but that’s it.

I don’t even think the Ioniq key does anything fancy like holding a button to open or close the windows

Yeah as geon106 said it has a boot open button. If I ever figure it out I’ll let you know

With the e-208, there’s an extra button on the key fob that flashes the lights. The feature button on the app doesn’t do this.

If you press lock a second time within 5 seconds, then the doors are deadlocked, meaning they can’t be opened from the inside either. If you press and hold before locking, any open windows will close. You then release and press the button again to lock.

2 Likes

I might spend some time experimenting with the Ioniq key fob and see if there are any hidden features

Today the app on my phone (samsung) has stopped ‘talking’ to my Zoe… it won’t unlock it at all. The same with the app on my wifes phone. Any Ideas please ?

Is your wife’s phone Android as well? Does your phone’s Bluetooth find the car and list it as a device? What happens if you sign out of the app, and then back in? Have you tried deleting the app and downloading it again? If all this fails, then would indicate a problem with the hardware in the vehicle, and you would need to report that to ONTO.

Yeah both phones are Samsungs and connect to the car ok via bluetooth. Apps wont work to lock / unlock car but do show the correct mileage & battery level. I’ll get in touch with ONTO.

We don’t mean connect to the car as in for handsfree calling. Stand next to the car while it’s switched off and locked and do a scan on your phone for Bluetooth devices. You should see Onto’s special Bluetooth access device show up (last time I checked the device name is usually the car’s VIN)

Does this show up on a Bluetooth search?

4 Likes

Not sure if a coincidence or indicative of a wider issue, but I can’t unlock my new Zoe with the app either. I was going to call it in to CS tomorrow.

It’s no issue for me but I like to know everything is working as expected :slight_smile:

Have you tried logging out and logging back in to your account on the app - I seem to occasionally need to do that to keep it working (like about half-a-dozen times over the last 4 months…)

1 Like

Hi all,

For those of you who had an issue locking/unlocking over the past few days using the app, we’ve now identified the issue (with a small number of cars) and it’s been solved.

Apologies to all of those impacted!

3 Likes