What about the new terms to renew every month

I just saw the change in terms that require you to press renew each month.
The timing is terrible. What if you’re in the hospital with COVID. You come out and your car is gone. Do you have to joint the waiting list.
IMHO very badly thought through.
Have they asked any of us if that is what the customer likes, I doubt it.

2 Likes

Have I read it right? They are now going to take payment every 2 weeks?

Total Rental Payment:
4.2.1 The Total Rental Payment will be taken on the date of the Agreement, or if over 14 days prior to the Commencement Date, an amount of 50% of the Total Rental Payment on signing the Agreement and the remaining 50% on the date seven days prior to the Commencement Date.

I guess this is goodbye to the legacy pricing I’m on.

If anything this makes onto seem more complicated than it was, I liked the automatic roll over and not having to think about it.

2 Likes

@Lily_at_Onto - seems to be another push out without much consultation or addressing key questions.

From my end:

• Do you still honour ‘legacy prices’ or is everyone forced to new higher prices
  • Mileage rollover presumably not something possible any more?
1 Like

I just spoke to someone on the phone and they told me my price wouldn’t increase if I kept renewing every month.

3 Likes

Good to know - thanks for sharing!

One benefit is that there should be no issues getting car hire excess insurance, as if I’ve understood it correctly, @Lily_at_Onto, it’s even clearer that it’s a one month contract. So as long as your policy covers at least 31 consecutive days, an annual policy will protect you from losing the £1000 ONTO excess.

4 Likes

An FAQs wouldn’t have gone amiss.

2 Likes

This is what the new agreement says on the matter of mileage rollover, or Mileage Credit as it is now called:

If at the end of the Period of Hire, we determine that there is a difference between the contractual Mileage Allowance shown on page 1 of the Agreement and actual mileage at the end of the Period of Hire, we may at our discretion apply this as a mileage credit to your Onto account (“Mileage Credit”). If we award a Mileage Credit, miles credited may be used towards any future vehicle hire, provided that the vehicle is of the same Tier Level.

So miles accrued in a Zoe could not be used if you subsequently upgraded to a Model 3.

I can see why they’ve changed their name now, nothing easy about it going forward it feels!

I’m sure there’s lot of decision making behind the scenes, but the fundamentals seem to be missed each time, please give us some clarity on legacy pricing so I can work out if I want to switch to a Zoe or revert back to an oil burner.

The only reason you would leave the legacy tariff is if you handed back the vehicle you had when the new tariff was introduced,

It was guaranteed to subscribers that they would not be forced onto the new tariff, but on the condition that they kept the same vehicle.

2 Likes

What happens with the built-up under-mileage that we were going to be able to use post-lockdown?

This is now called Mileage Credit. Accrued mileage builds up as credit, and can be added to following months included mileage. This is discretionary, and only applies if you don’t change to another vehicle in a higher tier.

It was the ‘discretionary’ part that concerned me. In recent weeks our T&Cs seem have become pretty liquid with promises made and then changed in subsequent communications.

Also, with the imminent delivery of the Zoe 50s, it sounds like all of the lockdown mileage that we’ve built-up in Zoe 40s won’t be carried forwards although we were previously promised it would.

What makes you believe that?

Hi all!

@Marcel, sorry to hear you are not happy with the changes. You will have to renew the contract each month, but this gives you greater flexibility and it will be easily done through the app, it won’t take longer than a minute! If you decide not to renew, we will be in touch with you, we won’t just take the car without your knowledge. And if you do renew, you are welcome to keep the same car, no need to join the waiting list.

@Pinky_Ponk you will get the notification on the app 14 days before to give you time to decide or in case you are on a trip, etc. However, your payment date is not changing, and the pre-auth will still happen 7 days before the end of your monthly subscription if you have decided to take on another month.

@chamelion and @ward3n, that is correct, we will still honour legacy prices and your monthly subscription price is not going to change. Unused mileage will not be lost, and we will be communicating how this will work in September!

Taking a look at all your questions I’ve created an FAQ post, please take a look and let me know if you have any additional ones :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi Lily and others. Thanks.
Exactly as I feared something has gone wrong. There is simply no way I can sign the next month. The App on the phone does not allow you to sign for the next month. As soon as you click on Sign it greys out and next is not clickable. I have also no way on signing for another months on the website.
My apprehensions were fully justified.
So what am I to do now?
I am stuck now and not have a car after the 28th if this month.

1 Like

@Marcel Just call ONTO or use chat and get them to resolve immediately.

1 Like

@burnt_crisps2. I really can’t complain about Onto trying to help. They are trying but somehow they are unable to get me extended.

1 Like

Yippee, sorted.
If you have this issue it is because there is no link in the email displayed for signing. This is how MS Outlook works. After trying everything under the sun. Finally I selected to display the email in a browser and the sign link appeared. So the solution is to display the renew email in the browser as Outlook will not (in my case)

4 Likes