Wear and tear

Hi guys👋

I picked up my Zoe nearly 2 weeks ago and I just love my little car. I like the idea of subscription with Onto but I’m just constantly thinking about wear and tear policy.I think I am a bit paranoid about it because I got brand new car and I wanna make sure that I will be able to return my Zoe back to Onto in the future in good condition.Do you have any experience with any minor scratches or anything like that? You know , we all do shopping, leaving car there so I think is quiet easy for any damage caused by other road users.Specially we are not allowed to do any repairs,it has to be authorised by Onto.Could be really handy if Onto will make a price list of tipical repairs or even simple puncture. If you have any experience with repairs let me know so I will enjoy my Zoe and I also stop worrying too much:)
Thanks guys

1 Like

A scuffed alloy cost me £120. A tree fell on the car and caused a few little creases just below the roof. That was the same cost.

I usually park well away from others in car parks. Charging can mean not only getting some electrons but also a nice protected parking space!

Consider getting a car hire excess policy. Just under £50 pa. Some of us are with insurance4carhire.

1 Like

Right ok ,yeah I think I came across some car hire excess policy but wasn’t sure if that works with ONTO, I’ll have a look,thanks

1 Like

A scuffed alloy was the 1 thing I’m not disputing and that repair charge came to £16.76. So I won’t even bother claiming for that on the insurance policy.

1 Like

I agree with this. It would make me feel more comfortable if I could see something like this.

2 Likes

I got the hire insurance following others views in here :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a funny figure (maybe £20 including VAT?) Very cheap for a stuffed alloy, especially if it was diamond cut.

@E7EV Yes just checked that figure is plus VAT

2 Likes

Yeah that’s really cheap,it’s obvious for me that something may happen to the car one day, but none of us wants to see huge bill at the end so it’s good to know more or less how much people spending for small repairs.

1 Like

Neighbour’s kid decided to play with a pen around my car and managed to somehow spill / throw ink to the side of my i3. Since with a bit of scrubbing it wouldn’t come off, I decided not to touch it and let ONTO know through the app. The neighbour wanted to try a few things but I said it’s rented and wouldn’t want him to touch it. ONTO had a mobile bodywork repair contractor come out and he managed to polish most off, but had to paint the thickest bit. It came to £108 in total, which I kindly asked the neighbour to pay lol.

4 Likes