We are partnering up with InstaVolt… Yep! More free charging for you

Fantastic news. Will make my trips to the Lake District (mmm Booths!) better for a start.

With getting my vaccine this morning and earning £50 Octopus referral this afternoon, it’s not been a bad birthday for presents!

4 Likes

THIS IS AWESOME… this has added 3 super chargers within 5 mins of home! LOVE IT

2 Likes

I fear ONTO community weight gains due to eating McDonalds while charging :wink:

6 Likes

I did not know that! I’d better get prepped for that change! But yes, it would be brilliant if they could get access to the network as it would make all my driving free

1 Like

On.to just keep going from strength to strength, My ownly low? Just wish I had found them earlier. Keep up the fantastic work everybody and thank you.
One last thought/observation… Is range anxiety even a thing now with this addition?

3 Likes

This is fantastic as it means that I now have an Osprey near work and an Instavolt on the way home. The Osprey has been slightly temperamental so it’s good to have the choice. We’re not blessed with many Shell and BP chargers in Manchester, be.ev have taken over the ones that were on the Pulse card. Whilst they’re free for now it’s fantastic to have the choice. I look at the Instavolt ones enviously every time I drive past, only ever seen one Tesla charging there. It would have been a godsend when Zoe stopped charging and wouldn’t restart at the Osprey today if I’d been able to charge at the Instavolt instead of having to drive to the be.ev rapid.
I’m so impressed with my on.to subscription.

1 Like

This is fantastic news, thanks to all at Onto for making this happen. We’ve got some decent sized trips coming up at the end of May and in June and this will give us much more flexibility so is greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Thanks very much On.To very useful in the Lakes

2 Likes

I’m driving 650 miles on a round trip to Scotland on early May bank holiday so would happily take some of that :wink:

1 Like

Shame none near me …

Well if you have any KFCs or McDonalds near you, that situation could change soon.

3 Likes

Great to see more chargers being added unfortunately the only two near me are 30 mins away from home and right near shell chargers so no added benefit and at least the Shell ones have coffee available. Nevermind maybe the next cards to be added will be my time haha. fantastic news to see more options tho.

2 Likes

Fantastic news. Onto just seem to keep getting better and better. There are no instavolt immediately near where I live but there are a few on some of the routes I often do. Excellent news for those that have them close by.

2 Likes

Great news! Now we just need Ecotricity to be able to use the “fancy” motorway stops… :slight_smile:

I’ve never heard “Ecotricity” and “Fancy” in the same sentence before :rofl::see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Amazing news, well done everyone at ONTO for going from strength to strength with all these amazing improvements. :clap:

2 Likes

I think the “fancy” part refers to everything at a motorway services EXCEPT the ecotricity charge points.

2 Likes

That was the plan! Unfortunately I kept putting it off for too long and now there is basically no availability of anything. I wanted a 208 to try for the month and then assuming I didn’t want to keep it, swap to the Ioniq. When I was finally ready to make a booking there was nothing but a ZE50 Zoe or a LEAF. So I took the very last one of those, and will be keeping an eye on the booking system in the hope that they get more cars soon.

2 Likes

Just to update this, I’ve been talking to Gridserve this morning. They confirmed they will be releasing a RFID Card account shortly which will offer preferential rates on charging at Electric Highway chargers, as well as Gridserve forecourts. So it’s definitely something that Onto could potentially sign up to in the future if they choose to!

They also took my suggestion of allowing roaming with other charging networks. I’ve suggested both Shell cards and the Electric Juice cards which they have passed along and will consider demand. It may be worth others getting in touch or tweeting them about this too, to let them know that we are all interested in the possibility of using our Shell Recharge cards at EH Chargers and hopefully the two of them can start talks with each other to negotiate this.

3 Likes

Gridserve / Electric highway charging would be very welcome.

1 Like