We are partnering up with InstaVolt… Yep! More free charging for you

Hi all,

We are really excited to announce that we have partnered up with a new charging provider: InstaVolt!

Here are the key benefits for you:

• Enjoy 600+ energised chargers across the UK
  • All rapid or ultra-rapid chargers to ensure you’re back on the road in minutes!
  • All powered by 100% renewable energy sources
  • Located across the UK’s urban, A-road and motorways with nearby amenities
  • Voted best charging network capable of charging multiple brands of electric vehicle for three consecutive years*

This means that in addition to BP Pulse, Shell Recharge and Tesla Superchargers (for Tesla drivers), you will now ALSO be able to charge for FREE at all InstaVolt stations!

All our Onto cars will be delivered with an InstaVolt RFID card starting on 17th May.

If you already have a car or your delivery date is before 17th May, we will deliver the InstaVolt card to your home. We will try to align this to your next hire agreement.

If the delivery date of your new Onto car is after the 17th of May, we will deliver the InstaVolt card within your car.

Check out this page to read all about charging with Onto!

21 Likes

This is fantastic news. First giving out the keys, and now free charging on one of the most useful rapid charging networks there is! Conveniently my next Onto car is being delivered May 19 so I Look forward to making use of this straight away.

7 Likes

What did u get :slight_smile: this time round :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is amazing news

2 Likes

Fantastic news, can we get ChargepPlace Scotland next please?

1 Like

Amazing news, now I only need instsavolt to install some chargers in Edinburgh.

2 Likes

Absolutely brilliant news. This makes ONTO the go to company for car subscription. :blush:

1 Like

I’m so pleased about this, there are two very close to me that I can now use when I’m not charging via the polar ports at work.

1 Like

Superb! Instavolt chargers are by far the most popular charge points near where I live, so I’ll most definitely be making use of them!

Thanks to the ONTO team for making this happen.

2 Likes

This is fantastic news as all the rapid chargers near me are instavolt and I’ve been paying to charge there are as the bp free charge points near me are useless

1 Like

Genuine “OMG!” moment. This is remarkably good news! Especially as my nearest rapid (5 mins) is instavolt.

Great decision all round.

3 Likes

Great news we’ll.done on.to

1 Like

Brilliant news! That will be so useful for everyone! Ecotricity next?

1 Like

Fantastic news !

Electrocity be great as they seem to own the motorway services !

2 Likes

Wow!
Just got the email. Amazing

1 Like

Brilliant, my nearest 50Kw chargers are all Instavolt. Up until now I’ve had to decide each time to pay for the nearest or drive further for free chargers. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Nissan LEAF. I wanted something larger and more comfortable. I picked this over the Ioniq because of the Chademo connector which is generally considered more reliable than CCS, but now I have Instavolt charging at my disposal this is suddenly way less important now.

From next week onwards they are starting to change the Electric Highway from Ecotricity to Gridserve systems. Unlike the current system where they totally ruled out the chance of returning to RFID Card access, I believe Gridserve have said they are open to the possibility. I Don’t know if they will bring out their own cards that Onto could get a good deal on, or potentially become accessible via your Shell card for example, but it may well be something that you can do in future. Fingers crossed!

4 Likes

Great news all - it gets better and better!

1 Like

Ironically I was just looking at the £30 credit I’ve built up on the InstaVolt app thanks to referrals! I was looking forward to using that this summer! Won’t need it now. Could possibly donate it to someone I meet there while charging.

5 Likes

@koda is getting an e-208. He couldn’t resist any longer :wink:

3 Likes