Volkswagen ID.3

Volkswagen ID.3 - I think it’s a great city car that can replace the BMW i3 in Onto

5 Likes

Now that would upset the badge snobs :rofl:

3 Likes

Noooo. Sorry. I love BMW and wouldn’t ever swap from my i3 to a VW :flushed:
I may be alone though :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Saw an ID.3 on the back of a transporter this morning. It was on the M25. Was RHD but no number plates like all the other VW models on the same lorry.

2 Likes

There have been quite a few sightings up and down the country, so they are finally being delivered.

1 Like

Happened to be in Eastbourne a week ago and walking along road discovered an ID.3 (1st. Edition)on the roadside display as below…

looks pretty good in the flesh and sunshine :sun_with_face:
No plates on it, so may not be able to test drive, but if your local, worth investigation.

2 Likes

Bjorn has done a number of videos and a good summary one here…

VW ID3 1st Plus review

1 Like

I reallllyyyy want an ID3 but I have been told Onto have no intentions of getting them in the near future. I asked about BMW i3 and they are getting NO more so would only be whats being returned! But they are due another delivery of the bloomin Zoe…
Looks like its becoming the Zoe show…

3 Likes

A Fully Charged review (so Robert style) of the ID.3 and some of the footage is out and about in the Cotswold, Stow-on-the -Wold etc. And The man says they are available (several of them) to test drive from the MK EV centre, so good call if local, but also VW dealers should now have them for test drives also.

2 Likes

Well I looked at MK EV experience and decided to try one for 4 days. Slots disappeared quickly, so ended up early Dec rather than Nov dates first touted.

1 Like

Did a test drive in an id3 yesterday. Really nice car. Love the fact it is designed as a EV from the outset. Great displays and infotainment. Lots of great features, including ACC.

4.5 miles/kWh average (summer, motorway) and 58kWh of useable battery… :drooling_face:

4 Likes

Slipped my test drive dates into early January and whilst the ID.3 looks very good think the ID.4 and Enyaq version may well be a better all round option. ID.4 already being delivered in Norway and other countries too, so can’t be that far away from availability in U.K.

2 Likes

I was trying to lease an ID3 for a while before joining onto. A lot of the entry level models have already been sold - no more available to buy for months apparently. Only the higher end models left, can’t imagine they’ll be on any time soon and will cost more than £600 when they are

Currently possible to lease an ID.3 for £400 a month.

If I were Onto I’d be trying to secure as many ID.3s as possible.

I’d really like to swap the Kona for one I think.

Can see them being extremely popular now as they are going to be the only longer range EV that qualifies for the grant for the time being. (I can’t see Hyundai, Kia or Tesla knocking 000s off in one hit).

https://www.leaseloco.com/car-leasing/volkswagen/id3/150kw-life-pro-performance-62kwh-5dr-auto/25961/2-24-10000-1-0

4 Likes

PLEASE @Onto-Team @Carol… WHEN are Onto getting the VW ID.3… We all want one!

1 Like

This one is £59 a month cheaper. Don’t what spec it’s missing compared to the other one.

https://www.leaseloco.com/car-leasing/volkswagen/id3/150kw-style-pro-performance-62kwh-5dr-auto/25964/2-24-10000-1-0

Surely if ONTO could get them at these prices and then just add their markup they should be able to offer them for £499.

1 Like

oh that looks super cool!

We continue to work with all manufacturers to secure stock so nothing of a definite no! As an when we can secure stock you will all be the first to know :slight_smile: after me of course! :wink:

2 Likes

VW were dumping them in the market in the last two months before the end of last year, in order to reduce the penalties they face under EU rules for their fleet emissions. It was possible to pick up Business or Family spec vehicles for as little as £28,000 against a list price of ~£37,000. Some remaining stock got pre-registered–not much of which is still available. A lot also seemed to go to large leasing companies, such as Leaseplan–they still have some available at good prices but fewer by the day.

Shame Onto didn’t manage to get some from VW in that silly season before the end of last year. Could have saved VW some money against the EUR150m fine it now faces.

2 Likes

It could be that VW don’t want to work with subscription vehicle suppliers for all sorts of reasons. Perhaps they are planning on setting their own up, as JRL and Volvo have.

2 Likes

Just another vote from me-- while the look of the ID3 isn’t my favourite, the interior, range, equipment and other performance stats are excellent and I’d jump for one if it were available 100%

2 Likes