Volkswagen ID.3 Survey

Hoping for this week of course but have we had any guarantees that it’ll be before the end of May? We’ve already had 2 new car announcements which was exactly what Koda said would happen during May.

1 Like

Well they said it is coming. I’d gamble Thursday this week. Prove me wrong ONTO. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Think it will be tomorrow as Thursday tends to be their marketing announcement day…
But I’m sure with the power of this community we can find some sort of information out… Come on Moles- This is your call to arms :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Are we thinking it’s going to be around £500 for the 58kwh?

I think I’d swap my precious i3 for that.
Although I’m crying just at the thought of handing him back :see_no_evil::joy:

1 Like

Well as expected no announcement today as discussed in other threads by @Koda
Where's the id3 announcement

However I have seen evidence of the growth of ONTO and the imminent use of AutoXP to deliver/collect vehicles starting next week. AutoXP did the first round of Tesla deliveries when there was a manic situation trying to get them all moved from Southampton to subscribers.

They are based near Banbury (Chipping Warden) another old RAF base and will be moving cars to and from that location so I would expect ‘Midlands’ based subscribers will be serviced from that location.

1 Like

I would suggest it could be nearer £549, but obviously depends on which trim level they have got.

1 Like

Interesting. Could you give anymore information on that and what’s happening with the current deliverers?

Looks like ONTO didn’t want to prove me wrong. Guess it’s early June then?! :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming: Well atleast we know it’s coming right?! Haha

I can only assume that this is in addition to current Gefco and BCA deliveries.

1 Like

I’m not certain they are using BCA for deliveries anymore.

I live in an area where they typically do all the deliveries, but had a car delivered yesterday from a BCA location, but by a Gefco driver. Much better experience for me as a result since I was given the ability to track the driver, and the handover was far better than literally just dumping the car somewhere vaguely near to your home and walking off. Actually on time too! (Despite him being sent from Gefco Doncaster to collect the car from BCA Manchester with an empty battery, and then up to me)

I noticed last week someone else said the same where they had a Gefco delivery from a BCA Site too.

3 Likes

That’s entirely possible and maybe why AutoXP are back in the picture.
Contracts tend to move amongst these companies, although some stay for many years with the same outfit.
Also it is quite normal for other drivers to collect/deliver from/to BCA sites. Chipping Warden is also a BCA base. There is also a company called Ontime Automotive who transport the likes of McLaren etc. All over the U.K. and the rest of Europe. :grinning:

1 Like

So ONTO announced the ID.3 today instead. Cheeky. I asked the wife if she fancied one for a month. Yes she said, how much. I replied with cost and she said ouch!. Thats two thirds the price of the GreyCat we have (i-Pace). Probably have to have a run over to MK and test drive the ID.3 and ID.4 next month foc.

1 Like

I’ve bitten. I’ll see what it’s like for a few months. I’m a little disappointed that it’s only the life but at least it has the Alloys. Also, I’m glad it’s the Pro Performance model.

3 Likes

Yes at least it has alloys :grin: Only had a choice of 3 colours when I looked, white, moon grey and mag grey. Not exactly the greatest of colour choice.
Mid July should see a lot of ONTO ID.3’s on the road.

I’ve bitten as well, I said to myself I wouldn’t bother anything over £529 but here we are having nearly signed a lease for 2 years before joining onto - I can’t really say no even if it’s for a 1 month or 2.

Had a choice of about 8 colours when I booked. Went for Manganese in the end.

1 Like

Hey @Pinky_Ponk I was £10 too low. What are you going to do? Stick with the i3 or move up to an ID.3?

1 Like

Not speaking for @Pinky_Ponk though I am in the same position, I think I’m going to stick with the i3 until it gets taken off me.

My reasoning:

• Performance specs are pretty similar (both top speed and 0-62mph speeds are near identical)
  • For us the size of the i3 is pretty perfect, bigger is good sometimes but we’ve not hit any point where we wished we had more.
  • Our i3 has only just hit 9k miles and still. looks/feels/drives as new. If it was more like ‘average’ mileage then it might feel a bit older.
  • The range on the i3 is nowhere near as bad as I thought it’d be. We made London to the North West and it only took 15min longer than it would have in an I.C.E. rental car.
  • The i3 will charge at 50kW all the way from nothing up to about 93%, helps make the lower range feel longer.
  • £90 extra per month is nothing to sniff at
  • The i3 is a special car and will always have a place in my heart I think!
  • I think the i3 still looks better

If my reasoning is wrong then am happy to be corrected but that’s my thinking right now!

4 Likes

No I wouldn’t argue with any of that! Additionally, I understand the interior materials are much nicer in the i3.

We’ll no doubt get the definitive answer in July from @BillN because he would have had both of them!

1 Like

I really wish onto would get more i3 into their fleet. I had the i3 in the beginning, then the Ioniq and Kona, now I’m getting a Zoe next month, but I would swap into an i3 again in an instant.

The only thing that’s keeping me from doing that whenever I see one pop up is the thought of how much longer would I be able to keep it since they’re all coming close to the 2 year mark now I believe :frowning:

It’s going to be like when GM recalled all the EV-1s. Did you ever see the film “Who Killed the Electric Car”?

2 Likes