Good afternoon everyone,
I wanted to share an exciting update today about the roll-out of our new subscription option that excludes public charging for a reduced monthly price - bringing you even more flexibility to your Onto subscription.
After a successful initial trial, we’re pleased to now offer the no-charging option across all of our 25 electric car models to both new and existing customers.
Why have we launched a no-charging option?
At Onto we’re always looking to give our subscribers ultimate flexibility and choice. For some people we know that will mean opting out of public charging for a reduced subscription price, as they may prefer to charge at home or use alternative charging networks.
What are the no-charging subscription prices for new bookings?
From the 25th April, the new no-charging subscription option will be priced £40 lower per month for new bookings, including car swaps.
What about for existing customers?
For customers who joined after January 9th 2023 and currently have public charging:
- You can opt out of charging for £40, as per the option for new subscribers.
For customers who are already on a no-charging subscription from the initial trial:
- If your current subscription is more expensive, then you will automatically be migrated across to the cheaper rate.
- If your current subscription is at a cheaper price, you will be price-protected on your current tariff until you change your car. If we need to refresh or retire your car and offer you an alternative, then we will honour your existing price until at least the end of 2023.
For customers currently on a price-protected subscription:
- You can opt out of public charging for a £20 reduction to your next subscription renewal going forward.
- If you opt out of charging, you will lose access to both the Shell Recharge and Tesla Supercharger networks, as well as (if applicable) BP Pulse & Instavolt networks
- If you want to continue using public charging - great, nothing will change for you.
- As a reminder, we’ve extended the price protection on any cars that are refreshed and retired until the end of 2023.
- If you are an Onto for Business customer and opt out of public charging before the end of the month, then this will come into effect for your subscription in the next calendar month, May.
Can I add the public charging bolt-on to my subscription, now or at a later date?
- If you would like public charging included as part of your subscription, it can be added as a bolt-on at the point of booking or via “My account” at a later date (please note it won’t be possible through our app just yet, but we’re working on it).
- For existing subscribers that decide to opt-out for now, it will also cost £40 for you to re-add public charging at a later date.
- Customers that subscribe to any Tesla model will also have the Tesla Supercharger network included with the public charging bolt-on, in addition to the Shell Recharge network.
- Public charging with Instavolt can be added as a charging bolt-on after the initial sign-up for £120 a month, as it is today. Just email us at [email protected] to request it.
We appreciate there’s a lot of information here to digest, as there are many different scenarios within our community of Onto subscribers. Rest assured you’ll receive an email with further information on exactly what this means for you and next steps if you want to switch to no-charging.
If you have any extra questions on this update, please ask us below or contact our customer service team at [email protected]
Rob & the Onto team