Uncommanded frunk opening

I returned to my car yesterday after it had been parked for a few hours to get a ‘bonnet open’ warning as i moved off, which was of course the frunk which had popped open. As I don’t have a key fob and as it is a 2019 120Ah it has no switches for it in the car only the mechanical release. Its probably a month since I last opened the frunk. Any ideas what might have caused it to open? Someone on Speakev suggested that the feature button in the ONTO app might be linked to it, i went out and tried it and there was a click somewhere in the car but it didnt open the frunk.

Feature button operates different things on different cars, but on the i3 it should open the frunk. However it’s not foolproof and sometimes takes several attempts to get it to work.

1 Like

Thankyou, you solved a mystery and provided me with a much better way to open the frunk. I went out and had a go and sure enough first press gets a click somewhere under the frunk wth no apparent action but after 4 or 5 clicks the frunk popped and the doors unlocked.

1 Like