Tesla opens select UK Superchargers to other EV brands

7 Likes

Very interesting as this is rolled out by Tesla.

On balance I think it does tremendously good PR for them. I think everyone wins.

I have zero beef with anyone driving a Tesla, even though it’s not currently a brand that appeals - and I hope this means ALL EV drivers will be tolerant on this!

So who will be first to download the app and tell us which SuCs are in the trial.

3 Likes

That was what I’m thinking too…

No one? Ok, here’s the list:

• Adderstone NE70 7JU
  • Aviemore PH22 1PN
  • Dundee DD2 5JT
  • Manchester Trafford Centre M17 8AA
  • Flint Mountain CH6 5QG
  • Aberystwyth SY23 3TL
  • Banbury OX16 1LX
  • Wyboston MK44 3AL
  • Trumpington CB2 9FT
  • Thetford IP24 3TP
  • Wokingham RG41 5DG
  • Uxbridge UB8 1QJ
  • Thurrock RM20 2ZP
  • Folkstone Eurotunnel Terminal CT18 8XX

Aberystwyth is good because there’s not a lot of charging options in that area.

5 Likes

FYIs - I just updated the thread title (didn’t know I had so much power!) to say “select” superchargers - no one wants people seeing stuff at a glance and thinking it’s all Supercharger sites and then not being able to get a charge!

1 Like

You don’t need the app. It’s on the map on their website and you can filter sites that are open to non-Teslas.

2 Likes

So is the Eurotunnel one, because the other chargers they have are still out of order, as far as I know.

2 Likes

“Caller, please hold. Your call is important to us…”

1 Like

16 locations now

Over 150x 150+ kW charger added to the network

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:t2: Currently [sic] not needing a charge though :zap: - could be a few days…:crazy_face:

1 Like

Just to reiterate, if you drive a non-Tesla EV with CCS and think you are ever likely to want to try using one of the select open-to-all Superchargers, please download and set up the app and payment etc in advance. :pray:

6 Likes

1 Like

I assume us non-tesla’s don’t have access for free with onto? :slight_smile:

Devon and Cornwall left out again.

1 Like

Correct. If you want to use these you need to download the app and make your own account.

4 Likes

Lots of info and FAQs here:

iPhone app here:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/tesla/id582007913

Android app here:

Sorry I’m late :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

2 Likes

Presumed not - but it’s good to have a back up plan when out and about. This app will sit alongside a couple of others and, alongside Gridserve, are in my Zap-Maps filter for a “high convenience” factor …

1 Like