Swap priority for existing ontoers for new models

I am sure I have seen this somewhere else but I can’t find it so apologies if I am duplicating. Given the increasing popularity, which is great, it would be nice to see existing onto customers given a day or 2 window with priority to swap to new models. I appreciate this is probably a poor business model since the newest shiniest thing is likely to always attract the new customers and grow the base, but it would be nice to get some early access. I guess we do get a bit of heads up on this forum but a chance to register for an early swap would be nice assuming the model range is still expanding, especially since you cannot currently support more than one vehicle in parallel with the same user ID. In fact maybe that’s an easier way to do it. Allow more than one vehicle per email address and the. I could effectively manage my own swaps by arranging a new car to start and an old one to end on the same day…….

2 Likes

I think you’re probably right with your assumption that it’s about increasing customer base with something shiny and new in general. Gone are the days of loyalty bonuses in most areas of sales. This is why I would always buy a broadband contract or breakdown cover each year, for example. You’re much more likely to get a better deal if you don’t already pay the company some money!

Onto do give us a heads up, like the option to be emailed as soon as the ID.3 family and Q4 etron become available. They’ve also sent out early access emails to Zoe customer about the similarly priced e-up to book early, so they are doing some things like you have suggested.

3 Likes

I think being able to confirm a swap online would be a great feature. It might drive disappointment if you’d gotten halfway through the online system and someone else jagged it before you did (similar to an airline booking system for sale airfares)

2 Likes

Could you not do this if you have an additional driver? They could order the new vehicle while you’ve still got the old one, then you send that back and become the additional driver.

You may even get £100 if the additional driver uses your referral code when they register as a subscriber. (Would have to confirm that works like that)

3 Likes

As far as I can see, it doesn’t work (although I wait to stand corrected). Once on an active subscription I don’t think my additional driver can make a new booking, I tried before. I will check again early next week when my next onto is expected to arrive, in case things have changed - but it would be a nice feature for those without an additional driver as well I expect. I can also just register a new email address as well but it would be nice to have an official process and I am sure in another thread somewhere that multi-vehicle management was mentioned, which would help to enable this capability too I suspect.

1 Like

Strange. I’m sure a subscriber had two ONTO vehicles at the same time. A Model 3 and i3. He was the subscriber for the Tesla and his wife for the BMW. So they couldn’t drive each other’s cars?

I have a second account so that I can drive other subscriber’s vehicles. Recently @ohit1 kindly added me as an additional driver when he got an I-pace for a month. That way I got to have a drive.

So in the above scenario, could the husband have the M3 on one account, and then have another so that he could be an additional driver on his wife’s subscription, and she did the same thing. So between them they had four accounts. I’m sure he said that when they set up the account for the second car, they benefitted from the referral scheme.

I think it was @SWoll but not seen him on the forums recently.

1 Like

I remember this also, so it would be good to find out how this can be accomplished within ‘the ONTO system’. I’ll flag @Lily_at_Onto @Carol to see if they can follow up on this and give us a definite process/procedure.

1 Like

If I remember correctly when Grandmassuec signed up to ONTO to be my significant other driver, she had to choose that particular option which would then prevent her subscribing for a vehicle. So yes you can’t be a named driver and a subscriber is what I believe.:older_man:

2 Likes

just to clarify you can only be associated with one car under your registered email either as a subscriber or a named driver so should you and your partner both have a car and you wish to be named drivers you would need to register with a different email address to do this

5 Likes