Subscriber nominated "Employee of the month"

I know there are a lot of people “behind the scenes” but how about a recognition scheme to pass on praise for exceptional service?

I would love to nominate @Carol for January because she has done so much to improve the service issues previously severely impacting subscribers experiences.

2 Likes

I would love to nominate Raquel she always helps me when I call and is just a lovely woman I think Carol has, also, done a fab, job leading from the top

1 Like

We do have a high five scheme for team members, I feel touched by your thoughts here, but it really is just my job :slight_smile: and the face you want to understand how this works, is lovely and I thank you, it’s just made my day on this snowy Monday! If ever you feel a team member has gone over and above let me know who and why and I will happily pop a nomination in for them

Happy Monday!

5 Likes

is there a specific example of Raquel going over and above and if so PM me and I will complete a high five nomination for you

3 Likes

Everytime time I call she makes the call easy and explains everything correctly in a, very speedy fashion without feeling rushed. She sorted my swop out for today and is, just so lovely to talk to. I have total confidence as soon as she picks up call.

3 Likes

nominations done, We review these every month and the winners get a voucher or a weekend with an Onto car :slight_smile: High five

5 Likes

Thank you Carol all the team are great but raquel is next level

2 Likes

That is true… kindof, but you’ve certainly gone the extra mile on top to sort out a huge number of issues that before you started, weren’t being addressed.

Could you also pop one in for Paul too for his help the other week. Thanks :blush:

3 Likes

give me some detail for Paul, why we should be nominating him and I will enter this

2 Likes

One more vote for Paul Sykes, he is absolutely on top of things and proved extensive knowledge with awesome customer care. Double high five!

2 Likes

He was extremely knowledge and customer focused. He sorted a few issues with Tesla and took ownership of my moaning and addressed all my concerns very quickly and professionally

1 Like

all done for you all thanks

1 Like

Please tell us you added yourself :+1:

@Carol can’t nominate herself! You’ll have to tell her boss, possibly @Rob_at_Onto?

2 Likes

Hey Kev, no can do lol! your praise is thanks enough for me!

1 Like