Springtime Range

Hi all - I had a pleasant surprise when topping up the car this evening - my range is at 248 in the ID3 - in eco mode with ac off for max effect.

I tend to drive in sport mode with the ac set to 21 usually - so this drops down to about 241 - still very very content with that at its only the beginning of May.

I think 260 is definitely feasible over the summer months.

What’s everyone else’s range looking like at the moment :eyes:?

5 Likes

Ë-C4 Still can’t top 135 even at 18 degrees. Absolutely disgusting from Stellantis. I’m glad it’s going back. Bring on 300+ with the Model Y. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::raised_hands::raised_hands::fire::fire:

5 Likes

:scream:

Seriously considering a Stelantis car for a month or three over the summer.

Overall, the Kona was delivering at 3.9 miles per thingy from January (I.e. it’s practical worst), cumulatively at 4.2 now and I must be well over 4,000 miles; but now regularly ~5 between charges that means it’d probably achieve 300 without a sweat (64kW battery)

On Saturday evening I charged up to 67% with over 200 miles reading on the GOM. And it sheds those GOM miles at parity - Kona is amazingly reliable at that.

I was figuring a Stelantis car, with its 50 kW battery should be good for 200 by now at 4.0miles per thingy (??:man_shrugging::thinking::man_shrugging:), and slightly offset by peaking at 100 on the charging curve compared to only 70-something - am I THAT wrong @Sifmode ?

3 Likes

I’m seeing around 140miles in the e208 currently and that’s leaving myself with about 8% left.

I have eeked out 155 miles once, but this was all very much around town, not above 50miles and on a warmer week

2 Likes

Definitely not. I look back at what I’ve used to charge the car on my shell card only on the e208. It’s definitely not efficient and I would be thinking more on my next car depending on types of journeys. Unfortunately the e208 does not suit my needs . And if I was paying extra for charging I think it’s costing more than I would of thought.

You can get it to around 4.0kwh but you will find the drive boring .

3 Likes

Currently showing 4.4 m/kWh equating to around 255 miles on the MG5 LR. GOM a bit out at 288 miles.

In case anyone’s interested👴

5 Likes

My Ioniq is sitting at 5.8 average with it hitting 6.1 on a journey last week.

5 Likes

im getting on average 4.1m/kwh in the e2008gt at the moment which isnt too bad

3 Likes

My Kona when I first got it in March would have a 240-250ish range when full, on a warm day it’s 280 so I reckon if/when the summer comes it will be even better? bloody typical that I mostly do long journeys in the colder months.

4 Likes

@Janso ive definitely got Kona range envy :see_no_evil: - I’ll just hobble along with my 250ish

3 Likes

I’m totally doing something wrong as I don’t get anywhere near that in my ID3.

I’m getting 225 but I don’t do much city driving so perhaps that’s it. :frowning:

3 Likes

@Spud101 - it is alot of city driving, stop and go traffic, lower speeds helps with that range for sure :wink:

3 Likes

thats disappointing!

Be a great car with more performance and range, look really nice :slight_smile:

Note… this is only to keep rubbing it in with @Raheel_at_Onto …… but, cannot resist:

And, before anyone says anything, I’d forgotten to get my £1 coffee, and that’s why it had drifted over 80… in fact I normally stop between 65-75% :innocent:

5 Likes

I’ll see your GOM 254 from 82%, and raise you my 205 from 64% :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

@K12Beano @BillN - I’m slightly jealous- the highest I’m getting is 250 @ 100% - more than enough but I’m still green with envy :joy::open_mouth: - I hate you both now, in a good way of course

2 Likes

Over the last 100 miles my average is 4.7mpkWh, which would give a range of 211 miles. The e-208 seems to come alive from the late teens and early twenties

4 Likes

Yep - never had a problem with the e208 range or efficiency during the time that I had one (warmer months only). Charging performance was good too.

It’s definitely one that likes the warmer temperatures.

Am reminded of this RSymons video - in summer the Stellantis cars are great:

3 Likes

Hmm - I was considering one for a few months over summer… and was considering boring you all with a write up of my test drives and the differences I found at FCL…. :thinking:

3 Likes

Been getting around 4.2 mil/kwh on the kona and that’s been with a lot of motorway driving over the past 2 weeks. Easily done 1900 miles in a month and still been a champ. City driving it easily flies over 5. Last trip with the kona coming up this weekend. On a full charge I’m getting about 290 at the moment which is more than enough. I think if you can realistically get over 200 or 250 then you are in a good spot. 200 miles driving non stop is over 3 hours of driving. Majority of people would want to stop and take a break. Going to hop in the ioniq for the next few months so will be fun to see how the switch goes. Worst case will swap back to the kona.

5 Likes