Simple Charging Networks List

Hello All,

I know this might have been suggested before but I’ve been working on filtering networks on Zap-Map and finding a definitive list of networks has been a struggle.

After talking via live chat I got a list of the BP & Shell partner networks and here is the list I have so far:

Everything red I could not find on Zap-Map, although since some use acronyms it’s difficult to know if I actually missed them or they aren’t on Zap-Map.

My suggestion to Onto would be to provide a list that regularly (every 3 - 6 months) gets updated to ensure an easy way for new and regular customers to know what networks can be used. Ideally converting acronyms to the full in brackets to reduce confusion.

5 Likes

ONTO have a list

4 Likes

That list was kindly done by a subscriber. @Koda I believe.

2 Likes

Yeah that was me.

CYC is now officially dead however. Geniepoint can be added to the Shell Recharge list. And Hubsta can be removed as it merged with Mer.

3 Likes

As of today, these are the filters you should set on Zap Map as an Onto subscriber:
Alfa Power (Shell card)
Allego (Shell card)
BP Pulse (BP card)
Char.gy (Shell card)
D2N2 (BP card)
EB Charging (Shell card)
ESB Energy (Shell card)
Fastned (Shell card, Autocharge via Fastned app)
GeniePoint (Shell card)
Instavolt (Instavolt card)
Ionity (Shell card)
LiFE (Shell card)
Mer (Shell card)
NewMotion (Shell card)
Osprey (Shell card)
Raw Charging (Shell card)
Revive (Shell card)
Shell Recharge (Shell card)
Tesla Supercharger (No card required, only available to Tesla subscribers)
Ubitricity (Shell APP)
York City Council (BP card)

You can also set a filter for ‘Other’ in the networks list to see if you can find any of the lesser known networks that are supported but don’t have their own entry on Zap Map for the likes of ChargePoint network. You’d have to check each location one by one to see who operates them. These smaller networks tend to be better covered on PlugShare rather than Zap Map, though it’s much harder to filter out networks on that app.

8 Likes

Thanks to everyone who has provided lists so far. I will reply to this comment that the reason for my post is for Onto to provide a list themselves rather than rely on the community to maintain one.

After all Onto are the ones providing the charge cards, it would not be much more work for them to publish a list that regularly gets updated (with changelog)

If there is already this list then could someone send the link as I’ve seen at least 3 on the onto site so far. FAQ section, Help section and another location.

My overall point from my original point was that the information of charge networks is too spread out and makes things difficult for new customers and even for regular customers as the network grows.

3 Likes

How did you manage to get the list :-).
Must be some hard work thx for that

Will flag @Adam_at_Onto to pass onto the correct team members and resolve.
There should only be one definitive list and links from various other sections to that list.

I have a question regard GeniePoint my local Morrison got one. If I use the shell card it says card not accepted with my shell card any suggestions?

Hmm - is your Shell card working otherwise? :thinking:

Find another Genie?:face_with_monocle:

Try ringing the Genie customer services.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I cannot recall having a problem with the card - a couple of the units, yes.

Use the Shell App.

3 Likes

@Lily_at_Onto can you please review the feedback ref charging list please.

@burnt_crisps2 @hnguk thanks for flagging.

I’m on holiday now till 26th September (I’m sure you will enjoy the peace and quite) please tag @Hena_at_Onto on any community escalations (which tbh I would suggest you do anyway as she is the one who follows up on community related escalations).

7 Likes

I never knew Revive was on the shell card! They don’t appear on the list above, have you tried these out yourself?

It’s just a regional brand of the GeniePoint network. You can access their chargers with a GeniePoint card or account. And you can access GeniePoint chargers with a Revive card or account.

Complete wrong end of the country for me. But it’s worked with the regional brands that we had in the north east (Engie) so I see no reason for it not to work down there too.

If you try and can’t get it working at a few different chargers I’ll remove it. But I seem to recall someone sharing a success story previously. I’ll see if I can find it.

1 Like

Do you happen to know if all Geniepoints should work on the Shell RFID? The DCs seem to work, when they “work” at all. But I have found some little AC units and I couldn’t get them going with it - but really didn’t have the time or energy to follow up with a helpline call….

Yes. My local unit is a 22kW AC Post and it works fine via the Shell network. It’s not just the DC Rapid chargers.

The only time things are a little problematic is if it’s part of the Geniepoint private network. Certain housing developments and businesses will go on the private network, even if open to the public. It gives them greater control and allows them to set their own pricing. They won’t work with other cards as part of roaming agreements unless special permission is given to that card.

2 Likes

Ah!

Useful knowledge as ever, thanks….

1 Like

Seems to be true, I can see the Revive chargers on the GeniePoint app. Does anyone know if it’s possible to add our shell RFID cards to the GeniePoint app?

You can add your Shell RFID card to your account on the GeniePoint app but then you will be paying for that charging yourself.

You should just be able to tap the Shell card on one of their chargers (if it isn’t broken - Lots of Geniepoints are these days) and start charging, with Onto picking up the bill. No need to do any account linking.

1 Like

As a further to this, from what I have seen on the Shell Recharge find chargers section MFG EV Power is now a partner? (There could be more I am not sure of)

I have found this page Free charging with Onto - Onto - Electric Car Subscription

Hopefully work is ongoing to ensure this page is continually updated as the last update was “Jul 19, 2022”

Presumably this will be updated once BP is removed and InstaVolt is a bolt-on.