Shell Recharge charge point operators - Geniepoint?

Just noticed Geniepoint isn’t on the list now. Does anyone charge with Shell Recharge at Morrisons Geniepoint?

They are still on the App, and I used on earlier this week…

2 Likes

Engie are on the list. It’s the same network. Just a different brand name.

1 Like

I used it yesterday absolutely fine

1 Like

Yes. Often prefer not to, but handily the local Morrisons has a 50kW DC and then a tethered AC (which can run at same time).

I have sporadically made sure I charge my Onto cars to 100% to balance the cells, and so this is a handy type of charger unit.

Not all seem reliable though - possibly through age.

For ease of identification on some brands useable with Shell RFID, the Shell app will identify Genies and, I think, Mer - although not a lot of the others (RAW, Fastned, Porsche, Ionity, Osprey are the ones I seem to commonly use…). And, as an aside, if the app says “status unknown” that usually means kaput. So saves a trip…

2 Likes

V reassuring thanks all
I’m planning a trip to Dartmouth from the Midlands shortly and I’m ok for Instavolts in Birmingham, Gloucester, Bristol, Taunton and Exeter. I hit trouble after that. There are no rapids in Dartmouth and the nearest one is 15 miles away in Totnes Morrisons (Geniepoint) so thank you Onto for inclusive charging :grinning:

2 Likes