Service Notification

Do Onto notify and arrange a service for you? My Ioniq is one year old In January and was just wondering.
Do they also choose the Hyundai garage for you as there are 2 close to me, one being Arnold Clark which I would like to avoid :open_mouth:

When you see your service warning light in the car, you need to call Driverline and get booked in for a service. You can choose any authorised service partner anywhere in the country. If you don’t want to deal with Arnold Clark you don’t have to.

Let them know during the call if you want a courtesy car. They’ll get one booked in for you and also send across your insurance certificate ready for this too. Just beware that you’ll likely have to wait significantly longer if you do want a car while it’s in.

4 Likes

Exactly what @Koda said. Also be careful with the courtesy car. Sometimes dealers try to be sneaky and add some additional charges to have a courtesy car.

Last week I had given my Kona for servicing and they gave me an i20 for a day and tried charging me £10 for the courtesy car. I told them I’m not paying for that since the servicing was booked with a courtesy car free of cost. Made him check the job card and it was mentioned that it will be free courtesy car. These dealers are a bit sneaky.

2 Likes

Thats good to know. I’ve always paid £10 to get a courtesy car while serviced but private cars not subscriptions. i see you’ve not been as lucky as Koda with model s courtesy car :smiley:

1 Like

Hahaha no model S here. I was hoping to get the ioniq 5 but my local dealer didn’t have enough in stock to get them courtesy cars.

1 Like

I think you’re mistaking me for @E7EV - I know they were given a Model S from Tesla when the Onto Model 3 needed some work.

All the courtesy cars I get are generally absolute shitboxes. Tiny car that’s usually scratched up and dirty, underpowered ICE engine with manual gearbox and a clutch that’s long overdue a replacement, absolute bottom spec trim without even air conditioning etc… Though you do often get a free coating of dog hair stuck to your clothes each time you sit in it!

Yeah, I need to start picking better garages.

2 Likes

Hehe, sorry ionic 5 would be fab I was inside one last West a can drive wanted to see my volvo xc40 inside then be showed me his ionic 5 when I went to do at Tesco. At least the i20 you got is automatic right? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, @Koda it wa @E7EV saw his posts with the pics next to the black m3 getting repaired. I guess if we get tesla and took the gaja garage they don’t have small cars to give you until the model y.comes so you will a nice car or like for like :smiley:

I think good garages plays a big part in getting nice cars when I was in a leasee with all inclusive whenever a car was going to service or repairing they used rental finished but category had to large compact automatic if they didn’t have it free upgrade.

I need to read how does it work with onto do we chose the garages like you mention or they chose near garages?

As per my original reply to the OP in this thread, you can pick any authorised service centre for your manufacturer in the country. So if you have a preference just let them know, otherwise they’ll either look for the closest, or somewhere within a reasonable distance that has an appointment soonest if there’s several in the local area.

You definitely don’t have to just go with the first one they suggest though.

4 Likes

I see, I might have overlook that thanks foe remind me :+1:

1 Like

Knowing your average mileage, you can usually work out well in advance when your vehicle is due it’s service. It’s either at a particular age, eg 12 months or mileage, eg 10k miles, whichever comes first. That allows you to book it in early and reserve a courtesy vehicle. There is usually a grace period of a month either way or 1000 miles. Also you could enquire if there is a While-You-Wait Service. Take something to do for a couple of hours and take advantage of the complimentary hot beverages. This can often be better time management than making a return journey.

4 Likes

Nicee yeah the i20 was automatic but honestly now that I have been driving electric for almost 7 to 8 months, going back to ICE is not fun at all!! There are a lot of range issues with most EVs but the comfort, the fun and the ease you get with EVs easily outweighs the range.

3 Likes

Thanks @E7EV thats very good tip Iund to do well.over 1000 a months so the bolt on is a must. I’ll take that into planning and book the service ahead and also if I book a Tesla service, Tesla don’t have small cars either so you unless the model Y comes to the UK I’d most likely get a like for like, right? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I can imagine 7 months is a long time to me. I’ve been driving the xc40 p8 recharge for a month now whenever I drive ice now feels like a downgrade for me is all you mention and the instant acceleration so easy on roundabout and juction I feel it’s safer too car just reacts as you think.

The xc40 is going next week and the Tesla is coming next week I just hope it doesn’t get as delayed as most people I’ve read in the community so excited :pleading_face:

1 Like

Exactly! It does feel safer. How is the XC40 to drive? Before joining ONTO I was debating if I should try the volvo car subscription scheme but their wait time was about 3 months for all but the most basic XC40 so decided to go for ONTOs DS3.

You should have a smooth delivery for the tesla. Majority of the deliveries are on time. There are very few that dont.

2 Likes

I actually tagged you as you missed the first batch on the tesla model restock post as you were looking for one as it was 1 available for the past 3 days the deep blue in south London.

The volvo Is amazing to drive I’m not good reviewer but apart from all those reviews I saw on YouTube I can’t fault mine apart from the infotainment being sluggish slow and unresponsive sometimes. The drive, speed and comfort is mind-blowing but it’s my first fully electric vehicle. The waiting time is 6 months for another one I think subscription is more valuable at onto with all inclusive and mileage. I got a feeling I’m getting @Slimtrader10 tesla the one he reviewes on YouTube :rofl::stuck_out_tongue::sweat_smile:

1 Like

one careful owner lol

1 Like

Haha yeah i noticed. Thanks for the tag :smiley:. I was looking for a tesla for a month as we were travelling to Scotland from London so wanted to try it out and also have the tesla supercharger network. Plus the hotels we had booked had destination chargers so would have helped us. Saw the one you had tagged me in for but delivery was for 5th Jan which would have been useless for me.

1 Like

yes, I have noticed on the videos always cleaned cleaned cars not speed or braking tests. I have missed the summon feature is the only thing you haven’t shown on the videos. I’m also 6ft2 like your son so will be a stretch to get in right ? xD

Oh I see, I mainly have Tesla charger at work and near my house but are slow Tesla chargers i think 7kw they charge at 16 Amp per hour my delivery is also on the 5th Jan cannot wait I’ve been dying to try one for ages if is too small then the ipace here I come :slight_smile:

1 Like