Reward Points

I wonder if somebody could shed some light on this.

Currently have a ZOE GT 135 which is being exchanged today for an ID3

I was looking at the ONTO reward points and I had 807 and was going to use them to add some additional mileage in. The 807 points was going to buy 250 extra miles + £3.16 contribution from me.

With my new month starting today I now have 965 points yet this will get me the 250 extra miles plus a £10.70 contribution from me. This does not make sense? Am I missing something? Is this a dodgy trick from ONTO?

That doesn’t make sense.

Your 965 points should be worth just under £20 so the difference in money should be only pennies.

The Zoe and the ID.3 are in different mileage tiers so mileage add-ons cost more on the ID.3.

You can find more info here: https://on.to/blog/how-mileage-works-with-onto
250 miles on the Zoe costs £20, but it’s £30 on the ID.3.

This would be why you’re needing more points + more cash contribution I think. 100 points is worth £2, I believe.

4 Likes

The ID.3 is in a different tier to the Zoe isn’t it, so mileage bolt-ons are more expensive. I don’t have the actual cost details, but I believed this is how it worked.

EDIT : Didn’t mean to duplicate the above, think we were typing at the same time :joy:

3 Likes

So a car that retails for less is in a higher tier…

I would have thought its tied to demand…

The ID.3 is a widely wanted car, so it attracts a premium, sounds like normal supply and demand… More people want it, than supply allows, so as a company they can charge a premium.

if people don’t want to pay the premium either wait, and see if it comes down in price.

1 Like

@P26BOW I imagine they take into account the estimated residual value of the car after retirement from the fleet with extra mileage, the makeup of pricing of such things is rarely decided on a single factor such as original retail price.

I totally forgot about reward points. Just cashed mine in for miles :sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ah yes of course. I must admit, I didn’t look at that when scanning the mileage table but you’re absolutely right.

In a related-sort-of issue, I completely missed the button to claim the points - its nearly the same colour as the background in 2 browsers I have - anyone else (in which case I’ll raise it to on.to), or just me?

Its Blue box on white background for me so no problem here. :older_man:

Only 1960? :money_mouth_face: :rofl:

1 Like

Mine is wite text on a silver button on a white background.

It’s indeed a little hard to read, but not invisible; do you have anything funky going on (like a dark mode override) or similar?
Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 15.29.33

Edit: for anyone interested, my user agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.1.2 Safari/605.1.15

Thought I’d just join in…

2 Likes

Ooh nice thinking in getting the referral code in there! #missedtrick

2 Likes

Nothing special set its always been like that.:older_man:

same as that one for me. I probably just need better eyes and a monitor upgrade :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me too then!

2 Likes

You’ve beaten me on the number of points (and referrals :wink:) As you get extra drivers for free, unless you swap your vehicle, there’s nothing much to use the points up on. Probably end up losing some when they start expiring.

2 Likes

For any new users who forgot to enable rewards like me, you can enable this via the ‘click here’ link under marketing preferences.

When does rewards begin for a new user, start of the 2nd month?