Renault Zoe ZE 50 Pre-condition fault

Hi guys,

I am one of the lucky ones with a new Zoe with the pre-conditioning fault. There has been no communication from Onto or from Renault regarding the issue.

How many of you have a Zoe ZE 50 with this issue?

I am getting a bit impatient with this, especially now that it’s getting colder in the mornings. This is genuinely my favourite EV feature! I used it everyday on my old Zoe, both on cold days or sunny days. It’s just great to get to your car and have it ready at the perfect temperature…

I feel like if Renault has messed up with this then they surely should compensate Onto about it, and in turn we should get compensation too! We aren’t getting everything we are promised and this is a very important feature in my opinion…

2 Likes

Still listed as a feature on the website. There should be a fix coming up. It seems some Zoes will need to go to a dealer, while for others it may just need an OTA update. No date yet for when this will be available. It’s appears to still be a work in progress.

1 Like

I’ve seen on other forums that dealers are now doing an update that does fix the pre conditioning, where do we stand can we approach a dealer to get the update or does onto have to arrange it? With the cold weather I would really like to get it fixed ASAP.

1 Like

Give your local dealer a call to confirm they have a fix for your vehicle’s vin. Ask if they can do it while you wait. Makes life so much easier, and means you’ll be around to open/close the vehicle with your app. Then give ONTO a call and get permission.

2 Likes

Ok, ill give them a call tomorrow

2 Likes
2 Likes

Looks like it’s a 2 hour job. Great if it works, as it’s starting to get quite chilly in the morning.

@Lily_at_Onto will the booking in at dealerships for the update be done centrally, or should we do it individually with your authorisation?

1 Like

@Lily_at_Onto can I request this to be done when my zoe goes in on the 10th Oct for all its other faults? Is it just expected they would run any software updates ?

1 Like

You can ask them to do it when you arrive but it’s not guaranteed that they’ll look at anything other than what it’s booked in for. It depends how busy they are and how long they’re likely to be keeping your car for already.