PolarPlus Card with Polar App Question

Hi All,
I’ve recieved my Polar Plus card today through the post. Card only, no letter with it.
Is it possible to add this card to the Polar Plus app? I can’t see a way to do that without a Referal Number I seem to be missing.
As far as the Polar Plus login goes, it won’t let me go any further without filling out my own billing details (thus starting a different subscription) which I don’t want to do.
Thanks!

3 Likes

The Polar Plus card and the Polar App are two separate and distinct ways of starting a charge (some chargers will also accept contactless)

So you don’t need to sign up. Just use the card. You will not pay anything as ONTO are billed directly. You can also use the Polar Plus card at BP Ultra High Power chargers on some of their forecourts and the CYC network.

1 Like

The Polar Plus app is pretty useless even if you were able to use it. All it does it tell you where the chargepoints are.

You could either just press the button inside the Onto app to get quickly taken to the Polar map to find one without installing anything, or you could download Zap Map which would show you the chargers across all networks and allow you to filter Polar and CYC only should you only wish to use them. But as a bonus you can see live usage data, and feedback from other people to get help and advice about certain locations, or knowing to avoid a charger if someone has recently said there that it’s broken.

As E7EV Said above me, you don’t need any apps or anything else. You just tap the card they sent you on a charger belonging to the Polar or CYC Network, plug in and go. Onto will pick up the entire cost for everything except overstay penalties. You won’t be able to log in to online accounts or apps with this card though, as the Polar card isn’t in your name but registered as Onto fleet membership.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m aware that the card is stand-alone thanks. I was just hoping for a little bit of app connectivity I suppose. Maybe charge status, in use/out of use, charge level and current would all be good. Perhaps Polar could work on this, I would have thought through the PP and CP pins they could get some of that data.

There have been a fair number of cases of Polar mixing up accounts where people have a paid and a free one (I’ve seen this on the OVO forum as they give out a free polar account). So if you use the app there seems a good chance you will be occasionally charged.
It would be great if it was possible to see the charge power/amps as the Zoe doesn’t give that but I use the ONTO app to monitor charge state and with the Tesla it was also possible to set and change the charge limit within the ONTO app.

1 Like

For those with Zoes, there’s the MyRenault App as well. Not sure if the BMW app allows you to monitor the i3’s SoC, but I’d be surprised if it doesn’t.

The BMW App does this, but from what I have seen it updates even less frequently than the Onto app does.

1 Like