Polar Charge Points

Seriously getting annoyed to hell with Polar now, 3 charge points today, Bolton, Cleveleys and Thornton, every single unit out of service. Honestly they are by far the worst network in the country for reliability and over 30 mins to speak to anyone is a joke. Phew, rant over, feel better now !

3 Likes

Doesn’t the polar website tell you if they are working ?

Well I guess it’s supposed to, the Cleveleys one was showing as fine and available when I set off, as I arrived it had changed to out of service, the Thornton one was showing as fine and available however when I got there the unit seemed to have frozen and after 30 mins on hold it wouldn’t reboot for them so needed an engineer to be booked. All in all terrible

1 Like

Same here mate i did have my fast local one or two which i was happy 2 use as 5 mins from me but last 3 days out of service now had to add extra 5 miles on 2 get to a working one not much of issue but can be annoying as more n more nd out of service spec when its included … they either need to add more chargers about or give us alternative charging card solution like genie point … instavolt or how ever u spell it lol and other few others that are about now… I did use E.on drive charge yesterday at 100kwh which was nice as i was in and out within 30mins got up 85% as i was in a hurry but defo ideal charging at that speed and working :rofl:

2 Likes

Yep, just been out today and again 4 different Polar charge points out of service ended up in turtle mode limping to the last option before calling breakdown and luckily this one was working. Getting worse and worse by the day

3 Likes

Yep i was annoyed a little as i like my usual spot as always quiet and available when i go and i get free coffee and tea when i want from the hotel staff they are lovely in there they even booked car into there registration system for a month as im always going there lol and now i have just checked zap maps again 2 check my spot and other one i go they are both bow working and being used typical after i traveled further out lol

1 Like

Wouldnt be that nice little hotel at Warley in Essex by any chance? Free beverages sounds good​:mask::vulcan_salute:

Thats the Vulcan Live long and proseper sign just in case its miss understood.

1 Like

Hey I’m only 16 miles from there. We could have a meet up there once we’re all vaccinated! I’ll use the Charger first as my e-208 will charge quicker than your Zoe :wink:

Or perhaps Braintree Electric Forecourt. Apparently opening on Monday the 7th of December. Will the chargers be on free vend as an introductory offer?

1 Like

Ahh great your on. However, me first as by the time you travel 16 miles to my 3 miles you will be charging from a lower start point so take longer😂 (or something like that)

3 Likes