Peugeot e208 steering column

Can anyone with a 208 GT (21 plate) let me know if the steering column is exposed at the footwell.

Was looking for something and was on hands and knees and noticed the metal rod exposed behind pedals and starting to wonder why I’ve never noticed it was so exposed before.

Did have it serviced a couple months back and wondering if they maybe removed a cover and forgot to put it back as had the car since new May 2021 and pretty sure I would have noticed as looks a bit of a mess!

Did see someone post about another car with similar casing missing and onto trying to bill for it on return. Is it maybe to do with the black box install?

Will post a pic later, had to park a mile away from home as Celtic game on tonight. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’ll take a photo of the same place in mine to compare.

2 Likes

Seems to make sense it would be onto doing this as the OBD port is nearby and this would allow access. Just looks crazy unprofessionally done. Hopefully no charge for them cutting away the mesh/plastic/safety protection is issued!

That looks like the steering knuckle was originally exposed ( often the case in many cars) and the plastic behind has been wrenched/broken off by someone.
Pretty poor bodge and clearly not how Peugeot manufactured the car.

1 Like

Hopefully someone else with an e208 can check. I have not looked at the area but maybe the service had.

Does kinda look like it might be the original telematics install, which various logistics companies do for Onto.
Can’t imagine why a yearly service by Peugeot would be removing/breaking that plastic.

Probably best to wait for others photos to compare and then decide on reporting it to Onto.

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks for pic! My one looks a lot messier but glad it’s not just mine exposed. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Is this just a bodge job / ALDI style LHD to RHD design?

Seems pretty common with some cars - I remember one where the passenger could press the brake pedal by stretching!

Peugeot 206 and 307, the Citroen C3 Desire, C3 SX, C4 VTR and C4 SX HDI and the Renault Scenic and Espace.

2 Likes