Peugeot e-208

And the next EV that Bjorn is testing is…the DS3 e-Tense!

Has evezy been making special requests?

1 Like

Managed to organise a quick test drive of the e-208 this morning.
Would have liked to do back to back test with e-2008, but local dealership is still waiting for demo car.
still that means another outing to look forward to. :blush:
The wife and I took turns at driving and have to say overall we were both pretty impressed with the drive ability, lack of road and wind noise, road grip and handling over our shocking road infrastructure.
Managed to get some high speed runs, as well as village and town stuff.
As per other reviews, the steering wheel is oddly small and getting to see the dash is a challenge.
Dont understand why it’s not bigger, or dash instruments are not located higher.
It does adjust rake and reach.
Steering wheel is nice to handle, and could see the speedo, so might be an easy to live with it compromise, but would need a few days to figure that out.
Rear legroom is just adequate rather than generous, but headroom is good.
Boot is OK rather than generous.
Model was just the one up from base, Allure.
After test drive had a Quick look around a 2008 petrol to get a sizing feel and it seems to be that bit larger and does appear to have a higher ground clearance.
Some pics so you can see another colour… cumulus grey…

2 Likes

Nice! What’s next for Evezy? Maybe the 208/Corsa?

2 Likes

Thought it an appropriate time to bring this thread back to life!

As much as I love my ZOE, I just have to try out the Peugeot e-208. So I’ve ordered one, and it should be arriving on the 12th of November! Which colour am I going for? Just look back at the sixth post to find out!

2 Likes

Thomas does a really comprehensive review, as usual.

1 Like

I can’t work out do you get the ambient lighting and heated seats with the GT Line or is it just the GT?

Ambient lighting but not heated seats in the GT Line. I was hoping that ONTO would offer the GT, so would get all the bells and whistles.

Here’s a link to the Peugeot 208 brochure giving details of all the specs and equipment as of July 2020:

https://indd.adobe.com/view/960819d9-c4a4-41f0-808a-0fd2bfd2e2cd

2 Likes

I can’t go for that, no can do!!!

My bum needs those heated seats in winter :slight_smile:

Perhaps ONTO should have offered two e-208 models, as they’re doing with the DS3.

Allure £429 a month
GT £469 a month

This would have given a better choice between value and equipment. Sorry ONTO, I’m not being ungrateful. You’ve probably had to work hard to get these new vehicles at these prices and we appreciate the wider choice and alternatives to Renault, although still French :wink:

1 Like

Seconded! Active Cruise Control only in the top (GT) model, a lot of customers would be happy paying for that extra.

4 Likes

Will the onto GT line e-208s have any cruise control?

1 Like

Answered my own question.

2 Likes

I assume the Onto cars haven’t been optioned with ACC ? It’s a £300 option by the looks of it.

Perhaps it could help Onto if they had a good idea of the key features customers really want/need. Could be an idea for one of your surveys @E7EV

4 Likes

Due delivery of my e-208 on Thursday but just got a call saying this is going to be delayed as it has damage and they are waiting for Peugeot to respond… aaaahhhhh
Hope this is not the zoe all over again…
Will wait to hear all your reviews when you get yours

1 Like

@findstevenrobin oh god. Mine is due Thursday too hope nothing happens to mine :sob::roll_eyes:

1 Like

The website is showing availability of the e-208 for delivery this Friday, in my area at least. Maybe it’s different for where you are.

1 Like