Peugeot e-208 Apple Car Play Not Working

Apple Car Play has stopped working. Not sure if it’s an issue with the car, the phone or me! I plug my phone into the USB port as usual, but then nothing happens. Can anyone suggest possible causes, and ideally some solutions! Treat me as a tech novice, and you won’t be far from the truth!

Try rebooting your phone and if that doesn’t work try the same for the car infotainment.
Not sure how that’s done, but maybe a long press on the info on button.

1 Like

Could also try going to CarPlay settings on phone, forget the e208, reboot phone, then try setting up afresh. Also could try a different cable before doing anything else.

2 Likes

Yes tried that, but it made no difference. Will try rebooting the phone and take it from there.

2 Likes

Thanks both for the advice. A minor software update was due, so did that. Followed up with a reboot and yes, that solved the issue and Car Play is now working again!

So once again the highly technical advice of “turn it off and on again” worked!

3 Likes

This has happened to me a couple of times with certain apps just crashing. Apple Music crashed for me a couple of times on a journey last week but since then it’s been fine. In the end I just unplugged and hard closed all apps on the phone then plugged back in.

I also only use an official Apple cable as some don’t work properly with cars as they aren’t MFI (made for iPhone certified).

2 Likes