Onto Investment Update

Hi all,

We are incredibly excited to announce that we have officially raised $175 million of investment in a Series B funding round! This will allow us to not only improve our service, but to continue to accelerate EV adoption by bringing a flexible, sustainable and affordable solution to as many people as possible.

However, we would be doing a huge disservice to our phenomenal community if we didn’t take the time to thank you personally for this momentous achievement. As without you, we couldn’t continue our mission to pave the way for electric mobility in the UK, and truly redefine what it means to own a car.

So, as we embark on the next phase of our rapid growth to a bright and exciting future, we’re looking forward to bringing you all along for the ride.

Read more here: https://techcrunch.com/2021/07/27/onto-raises-175-million-in-series-b-to-expand-ev-subscription-service-in-the-uk/

22 Likes

Congrats on the milestone all at Onto (cc: @Rob_at_Onto @Lily_at_Onto @Carol @Ayman_at_Onto @Ben_at_Onto @BenR_at_Onto @Onto-Team) looking forward to all the growth, scale and excitement to come for you, and for us, in the form of new cars, features and perks.

Hopefully the road onward and upward is a smooth one and enjoying being a part of the ride!
Looking forward to hopefully soon being able to upgrade to the ID.3 Family from our beloved i3! :sunglasses:

10 Likes

WOW this is amazing news. Its so exciting to be a part of this shift to electric and the change in the way people use cars…
Exciting times ahead…
Congrats OnTo

4 Likes

Congratulations everyone :+1:

4 Likes

Amazing :clap: glad I joined so I can see all the growth and hopefully positive changes :+1:

3 Likes

Excellent news.

Hopefully this will provide us all with an even better service and choice of vehicles over the coming years.

Well done @Rob_at_Onto and the rest of the team for creating something very special.

4 Likes

Congratulations - glad to be a part of this journey - there’ll be bumps along the way but onwards and upwards :tada::partying_face::raised_hands::raised_hands:

4 Likes

Congratulations to the team at Onto…… very much looking forward to the journey as a customer and excited to see what the future holds :zap: :oncoming_automobile: :zap:

2 Likes

Well done. How can customers invest in future rounds?

4 Likes

Congrats!
I’ve been involved with EV’s from the early days of the leaf and it’s great to see EV’s finally being seen for the great things they are and by inspirational companies like Onto who saw the possible gap in the market to enter. Long May you reign at the pinnacle of the sector. I look forward to the new cars you introduce to the market where I might otherwise not get a chance to experience!

3 Likes

great news, and good luck with the expansion, it’s hard to grow this fast and maintain all aspects, there are always growing pains and from my experiences so far (in the middle of a pandemic too) you all seem to be managing it very well - long may it continue.

4 Likes

Hope more staff is included in this growth plan

Awesome work @Rob_at_Onto and the rest of the team. I’ve just been involved in closing a series E funding (and did so at D also) and I know the amount of work that goes into these things.
Exciting journey

2 Likes