ONTO EV Area Codes

I’m starting to see more and more EVs, especially e-208s, which seemed to be quite rare before. When another EV is coming towards you, there’s not much time to look to see whether it’s supplied by ONTO or not.

I wondered whether one way to quickly eliminate the majority of non ONTO EVs would be to use the Area Code on the registration plate.

Would others mind supplying the Area Code and Age Identifier of their EV so that I can build up a mental database?

I’ll start off with my vehicle:

BT70 2020 Peugeot e-208 GT Line

2 Likes

HV70 Zoe GT Line. Essex London border.

1 Like

HN20 Zoe GT Line Greater London/Essex

2 Likes

You guys might be neighbours and not know it!

1 Like

GC21 ID.3 Life Pro Performance

also

HV21 Zoe GT Line

and

EF70 Kona Premium SE

1 Like

Hi neighbour anywhere near Upminster?

1 Like

GC21 VW ID3 - Greater London/Surrey

1 Like

ONTO Zoes seem to all be registered in Portsmouth, Hampshire so the first letter will always be a H followed by another letter between K and Y.

1 Like

GC is Maidstone, in the Garden of England!

EF is Essex.

2 Likes

Yes, very close to Upminster :grinning:. & I charge regularly at the BP garage by A127.

1 Like

Kind of makes sense - mine came from Sheerness about 20 miles from Maidstone - same county.

That’s cool knowledge though @E7EV :eyes::raised_hands:

1 Like

Ok thats one of my regular haunts along with Shell Recharge St Mary’s Lane near Waitrose V handy. De Rougemont Manor Hotel Great Warley for a decent coffee and a country walk. Good place to meet up some time maybe? @E7EV may even make an appearance??:older_man:

1 Like

I used the Shell Recharge last week and I found it to be much quicker than the BP garage. Left the car to charge and enjoyed great Italian food at the Osteria at the Upminster high street (Another benefit of driving an EV :grinning:). I would give Rougemont Manor Hotel charger a go next time.

1 Like

I’m in Greater London/formerly Essex so guess that qualifies me to be an honorary member of the club.

2 Likes

Back in the day it was part of the O Level Geography Examination. Funny how certain things you never forget :wink:

2 Likes

How do you know if a car is from Onto (sorry I’m still waiting for mine)?

Camera is very distinctive. You will see what we mean once your arrives. Some have stickers. :older_man:

5 Likes

(Courtesy of @kev as my DashCam pictures have toilet paper on them :wink:)

5 Likes

I remember your posts on that subject. Will leave the community to search out the relationship between camera and toilet paper. :older_man:

4 Likes

Membership application approved. Please forward club fees asap.:older_man:

3 Likes