• One key should be included in the monthly fee
  • Both keys should be provided
  • I’d pay a reasonable one-off fee for a key
  • I’d pay £5 a month extra for a key
  • I’d pay £10 a month extra for a key
  • I’d accept a larger damage excess to have a key
  • I would pay a deposit equivalent to the replacement value of the key

0 voters

My onto app literally does nothing except lock, unlock and open the frunk :see_no_evil: it’s pants.

If onto are planning on sticking to the ‘no keys’ They should develop the app to include window function, wing mirrors and climate control. Pretty much stuff you can do from a key you should be able to do on the app.

Wouldn’t be so bad if I was a guy, just fishing around in my pockets for the phone. But women’s bags are getting bigger and standing in the rain rummaging around for your phone, removing your mask to open your phone :see_no_evil::joy: then waiting for the app to open, waiting for the app to connect to the car…

Would pay deposit for a key (never lost a key in 15years of owning a car)
Would pay an extra monthly fee for having a key
Basically give us a key :joy:

5 Likes

Wouldn’t be so bad if I was a guy, just fishing around in my pockets for the phone. But women’s bags are getting bigger and standing in the rain rummaging around for your phone, removing your mask to open your phone :see_no_evil::joy: then waiting for the app to open, waiting for the app to connect to the car…

1 Like

Stop it :see_no_evil::joy: you’ll be suggesting I get a flip mobile phone case next.

2 Likes

While you gals are fishing around in your bags, us guys are trying to find solutions! A stereotype, I know, but you started it!

2 Likes

No key is my biggest gripe with this set up, why they dont issue one key is a mystery. With all the tech available theres no risk to security and onto can still control the car security as normal if they needed to. If the customer loses the key then you have to pay for a new key simples.

2 Likes

I can’t remember having ever heard an explanation as to why they don’t supply at least one key. They do in certain situations, like if the App won’t work due to network, mobile phone or vehicle hardware issues. So why not give one to all subscribers?

At the end of the day they can do what they want! As long as they still get enough customers, the advantages seem to outweigh the disadvantages, for them, if not for us.

I’m quite happy without the key, as I’ve never had any real issues with the Zoes that I’ve had. Probably would feel differently if I had an i3! The App would be perfect if it included Handsfree unlock and lock…which worked every time.

2 Likes

Statistical analysis isn’t my strong point, but you can vote only once in the first survey. I tried to choose options that were mutually exclusive.

In the second survey, you can select as many options as you like. Hopefully the results will make some sense, and give ONTO an indication of their customer’s opinion.

3 Likes

Just posting so that the thread stays near the top of the list and can be found by those who’ve not participated yet.

Seems some have missed the second survey which is a shame because the feedback may reveal a compromise both parties would be happy with.

2 Likes

I assume that as the original business model was to exchange cars at unstaffed swap points the no-key idea was a critical element to make it all work . But with all the cars being delivered it seems an anacronism.

3 Likes

The app with an i3 is manageable but not perfect. Opening and closing the boot to lock it properly is a bit tinpot and the frunk feature seems to be needing me to disconnect, reconnect and unlock before it works.

Quirky but manageable.

2 Likes

Regarding the feature button, it helps to just repeatedly press it and it should respond after a few attempts. It tends to be faster to do that than disconnect and reconnect.

This is with my Zoe, using the feature button to open my charge flap or unlock the cable. So it seems to be an ONTO thing rather than a BMW Thing.

1 Like

I’ve never had a real problem with the app and the i3.
The only small thing was the frunk sometime takes a few attempts to open - but that seems to have improved too.

I just tend to tap the feature button until it opens. Never hasn’t opened yet.

3 Likes

@Lily_at_Onto thanks for the like. Was this survey and the one about the Honda e and Mini Electric of any value to you guys? Don’t worry, I’m not planning on doing them regularly! Although…

1 Like