Onto App ‘Feature’?

Hi folks.

Anyone know what the ‘Feature’ does on the app?

1 Like

It’s a secret button that only the really top elite that know the right handshake will ever access.

Even if I knew I couldn’t tell you, they’d lash me to death with a used granny cable….

2 Likes

Hey ho, no matter. I rarely even use the app now anyway, as it still isn’t showing correct info regarding miles and battery. I’ll stick with the Renault one.

3 Likes

(I think it’s supposed to be something that would work with certain cars - but for which the manufacturers own app probably does better - e.g. remote climate or charging or something - it does nothing on my Stellantis Rash….:man_shrugging:)

1 Like

Does nothing on my Ioniq

1 Like

On the current Zoe I don’t think it does anything that I can remember it actually doing when I tested it.

Another thread has this excel info from @Koda

Depending on what car you have, you may have started preconditioning, flashed the headlights, or unlocked the trunk, or frunk of your vehicle.

Unfortunately not all of the cars are configured in the same way, so you simply have to experiment to find out what it did for you.

3 Likes

Different hardware I know, but the last time I wired similar kit to a new-spec Zoe the default behaviour of the bonus function was to switch on the cabin light for 30 seconds. Not too useful, and not something you’d notice unless doing it in the dark.

It almost certainly does something with all cars. Just not always obvious nor on the first attempt. But with enough experimentation, trial and error you’ll hopefully discover something.

3 Likes

:red_car::thinking::calling::record_button::man_shrugging::thinking::record_button::man_shrugging::record_button::record_button::record_button::alarm_clock::boom:

2 Likes

The feature on my app puts an extra 1000 miles on the counter. Don’t know if ONTO have realised yet, so don’t let on please.

4 Likes