No FSD on the latest batch of M3 LR 71 plate

It seem the latest batch of the Tesla Model 3 LR does not have FSD. With the subscription increased, If I was told I wouldn’t have swapped to the new M3 LR. FSD is the feature I like most on Tesla. @Onto-Team can l swap back to the Old 19 plate M3 LR? I feel this is a huge downgrade especially after you increased the subscription per month.

All the cars are getting recalled for de-fleet and are to be sold off. If you’d be interested in buying the car back, get in touch with Onto straight away. You might not be too late to try and make a deal with them. But as a subscriber you’ll unfortunately not be able to continue with the original car as it’s now over the age limit.

1 Like

In fact only the first ever batch supplied to onto had FSD fitted, as it was quickly dropped as little true value for the U.K.
The cars supplied for best part of 2 years did not have FSD and the specs page has updated to reflect this back then.

As @Koda has suggested, since you are a long term subscriber your best options are purchase your old car, if possible, or just cease subscription and get a lease, pcp, pch with the options you require.

2 Likes

There are other threads on this forum relating to FSD and this post in Feb2020 details onto’s position….

Lily_at_OntoOnto Team

Feb '20

Hi both, with FSD the amount of extra features included in the UK is really minimal for the £5,800 extra cost it comes with (UK regulation stops most of the cool US features). We made the decision that there wasn’t enough of a benefit to offer it right now, without having to raise the prices substantially. However it can be added at any time through a software update, so if Tesla roll out an amazing, game-changing FSD update we could buy it retrospectively for the entire fleet at any point in the future!

2 Likes

actually the M3 LR FSD (just found out what that means, and I live in TLA’s and FLA’s) is still listed as a spec on the M3 LR or am I getting confused as I dont understand the lazy driving thing :stuck_out_tongue: and although I trust and love robotics and automation self driving cars are dangerous in some respects… and take the fun out of driving, anyway enough about the ethics of FSD :slight_smile:

@Lily_at_Onto @Carol

You may want to update the spec if Full Self Driviving is not on the new M3 LR

3 Likes

I had a 69 plate M3 Performance and that didn’t have FSD. While it was being repaired by Tesla, I had a Model S loaner which did have FSD. It was nice to try it out, but I wouldn’t pay an extra £6k for it if I was buying one.

3 Likes

Hi @E7EV

It still doesn’t have FSD!

Tesla gave a free 1 month window to try FSD a while back and I tried it on one of the M3’s we own. I use Autopilot a lot and would hate to be without it but FSD was underwhelming, most certainly not worth the money.

I’ve just ordered an M3 LR to replace the Onto M3P and I have not ordered FSD.

The red car has now done 22k miles completely trouble free after you so kindly did the initial testing and fault finding. It goes back in 3 weeks.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @kcrane. Glad you’ve had trouble free motoring. You weren’t tempted to offer to buy it from ONTO?

2 Likes

Agree, in fact across the range of cars, specs are currently changing due global shortages also, so probably worthwhile flagging which options may or may not be on a fleet car.

My bad @mozzauk i thought the FSD spec info got removed a long time ago from the Tesla models.

You should have consulted us subscribers who use it. The FSD is not minimal like you think. It is very good when you navigate on Autopilot, traffic lights recognition, lane change, blind spot, auto parking and many other features. I drive most on the motorway long distances and I don’t come home knackered.

I will ask this question would you pay another £100 - £200 a month for it to include FSD??

And bare in mind that was a post over 18 months ago, and people didnt make more than a murmur back then…

1 Like

@mozzauk Done! Thanks for flagging :slight_smile:

3 Likes