New September Cars

Just wondering if there has been any indications of new cars adding to the fleet in September?

I’m in a 22 plate E208 Allure Premium and the range is going ok in this weather to be fair to it.

No way do I want it in the Winter. I’ll be stopping every 1 hour on the Motorway.

The E2008 I had last year was shocking in the Wind and Rain at 70mph and that was only September.

Anything new coming or extra stock?

2 Likes

Really hoping for the return of sub £450 cars

3 Likes

The question is what’s available on the market right now that Onto could make work for under £450 with depreciation and the current energy prices?

4 Likes

Citreon Ami? 💁

5 Likes

Going on the price increase in when I ordered my P*2 and now even on Salary Sacrifice, was a shock.
So cant see it been any different for OntO…

Unless they have a secret large order for the Megane E-Tech :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

More 208s and 2008s from what I’ve spotted elsewhere :flushed::joy::joy::joy:

300 of each IIRC!

1 Like

:thinking:

:man_shrugging:

12 Likes

Does it have adaptive cruise control ? :joy:

1 Like

Sort of… you press the little thumb lever as far as it can and it seems to operate at the same speed just like a cruise control…

…,that’s until you come to a hill, when it conveniently seems to slow down - presumably just in case the brow of the hill hides any obstacles of which you might need to be aware…. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

What about new e-up ? I do have e-up now and I pay £379.

Lucky you! They are no longer available. How old is yours? Have you been asked to hand it back?

71 plate - no hand it back. Hope so before will ask me do hand it back there will replace then by the same price new plate or other the same price car. No way I will pay £499 for zoe or other car.

1 Like

Possible cars available in Summer/Autumn 2022 are…

Citroen Ami
Nissan Ariya
Ora Cat
VW ID.5
Kia Niro EV
MG3
Renault Megane e-tech

But there again Onto may have some other surprise make/model.

1 Like

Citroen Ami is no a car.

1 Like

True it’s technically a light quadricycle rather than a ‘car’, but most people will call it a ‘mini’ car or similar.

1 Like

and max speed 28mph lol

2 Likes

If you live in a town centre, or a place that is full of 20mph speed restrcitions , its perfect…

No so much if you live near the M1 lol

3 Likes

Perfect for the M25 then

4 Likes

One day everywhere will have speed limits, there will be no derestriction at all.
Journey times continue to get slower and slower not just because of congestion but lower speed limits, more junctions, roundabouts, traffic lights, crossings etc.

I used to do a journey of an hour and in only 15 years it took 1hr. 30mins.
If I remember correctly journey times in London are now slower than it used to be in a horse and carriage. Progress :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Back in March I drove up to Huddersfield and back to pick my nephew up from uni and on the motorway there was a speed restriction down to 50. The matrix sign gave the reason “Reduce Emissions”.

Can EVs not be exempt from this?

1 Like