New Car joining the fleet?

What’s everyone’s guess at what the new vehicle is going to be as mentioned in the July newsletter?

2 Likes

Lego Ford Camero :slight_smile:

To be honest i dont know… it could be one of many cars…

MG4 would be nice …

3 Likes

Megane maybe?

As long as its not another PSA car ha.

1 Like

If it’s going to be a new car from the existing brands the only options are :

• IONIQ 5
  • ID 5
  • e-C4 X
  • model Y

Is the e-C4 X on the same platform as the current eC4 and other PSA cars? ie. will it suffer the same battery/range issues in the winter months?

Yes! It seems like …

https://www.citroen.co.uk/models/future-models/c4-x.html

Id5 won’t be here this year I put my money on a citroen Renault or vauxhall,they never mentioned a new manufacturer

1 Like

I’m split between Great Cat and Migraine as the “best” outcomes - I would like to see both, and depending upon how I feel at the time of any announcement I will probably want to jump in and be the guinea pig on an early one of either - we might just need a whip round for me…. Pretty please?

Thinking about it, Mrs Beano won’t be pleased with either, I suspect, so just keep those thoughts to yourselves for the mo………

I expect, however, I will be 100% wrong - I was wrong when the Mokka-e was the next one (and look what I’ve got now! :man_shrugging:t2::joy::snake:)

3 Likes

Longshot… Nissan Leaf or indeed Ariya.

2 Likes

Who has a good memory? Do ONTO ever get vehicles before they are readily available to the buying public, or is it always after?

A few possibles mentioned above don’t seem to be available to retail customers just yet, such as the Mégane and Ariya.

2 Likes

I think it’s always been after, so agree Megane and Ariya are most unlikely. Leaf is possible as had those on the fleet before.
The spanner in the works will be Fisker as it will only be available in the U.K. via Onto as I understand it, at least to start with.

2 Likes

I’m hoping for a Leaf or MG5 as they’re the only cars remotely possible to come in cheaper than the Ioniq.

But I think it’s unlikely they will join the fleet and unlikely for less than £499 :frowning: need to save money where I can right now

2 Likes

Is the new leaf VHS now or still betamax ha

2 Likes

Still looks like Betamax format to me. Not the best looking car by some way.:crazy_face:

1 Like

I’d love it to be an EV6 or an Ioniq 5 but can’t see it, and can’t see them being in my price range anyway sadly :rofl:

More realistically, an MG would be great, words I never thought I’d be writing.

2 Likes

MG and Kia is a new to fleet manufacturers and that’s not what has been stated, so it has to be a manufacturer that has already been on the fleet.

2 Likes

Pretty confident it will be the Model Y. Then again, they might leave it for later in the year to invite new subscribers closer to holiday time. Tesla brand name will probably drag lots of folks.

3 Likes

I think since Renault announced the start of their subscription, we can exclude Megane. Hyundai can’t get enough of IONIQ 5 for Mocean, so probably won’t be that either. Volkswagen opened orders for ID 5 but I’m not sure what is the timeline for delivery! It looks like Model Y is the only available car.

3 Likes

From what I have heard they are still trying to secure the Ioniq 5, they currently have 3/4 Tesla Model Y’s being driven by the Directors and they are trying to get the Ford Mach E!

3 Likes

Well they have to test them out first before they let subscribers get their hands on them!

Don’t think they’ll get @Adam_at_Onto out of his Audi though :wink:

3 Likes