New BP Pulse Card Expired

I took delivery of my first Onto car last Thurs (24th). I tried to charge it today with the BP Pulse card, but it couldn’t be verified. I called BP and they advised card was expired and there was nothing they could do.

I called Onto customer service before 9am this morning. Was told they’d try to reactivate the card today and if that failed I’d get a new card in the post. Was assured they’d email me later today to update the situation. I’ve not received an email yet.

Has anyone else experienced this?

It’s really important that I get this BP Pulse card working as I live rurally and there’s not many charging stations close by. The closest Shell has been out of order for the past 3 months! The only one I can access on my 45 minute school run is the BP Pulse that costs 69p KWh without the card. But I shouldn’t have to pay it, part of the idea of Onto is that charging is included.

Can you help @Hena_at_Onto?

1 Like

I had the same issue with the BP card sent with my latest car. I was sent another one in the post which has worked perfectly.

In the meantime, the usual policy is to pay for the charges at BP points yourself, and then ONTO will reimburse you until your new card arrives. Use Web Chat to inform them that is what you’ll do. You’ll get a transcript of the conversation emailed to you confirming what was said.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll do that.
I’m kinda happy to hear it’s not just been me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My experience is that all the RFID cars can be problematic from time-to-time.

The least problematic is InstaVolt.

I’ve had at least one Shell card that wouldn’t work - in a hasty move I’ve started a charge with a contactless payment just to get a quick volt-and-bolt. Then, just as I wanted to repeat the experience at my own pace so I could ensure it wasn’t working and get it remedied…. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:….damn thing works perfectly, and ever since.

I was ar$3ing around for ever one evening in Milton Keynes trying to get a post and the RFID to speak to each other. Eventually started a charge via the app with my own money……

….fast forward, THAT card has pretty much behaved itself ever since.

Tip: if you can, when you’re not in a hurry, find an excuse to go and check all three cards appear to work when you first get a car!

Tip2: Always have a PlanB for charging if you’re tight on time!

3 Likes

Hey @Davey2323 sorry to hear about the problems you’re having with your BP Pulse card. I’ll get this looked into as our team should have reached out to you to keep you updated on the situation. I’ll get back to you shortly to let you know what’s happening :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: sorry for the delay!

3 Likes

InstaVolt is my only working card presently.

My BP card’s “subscription” expired in September allegedly, even though I only got it in June (previous one didn’t work on arrival) and my Shell card also will no longer communicate. Both are in the post but they’ve been at the same sorting station for days. Hopefully my Shell card comes next week as I could do with it for a trip I’ve got planned.

2 Likes

One of problems of all the strikes for more pay etc. going on when there is no money in the pot to be had anyway. Trust it gets delivered to you soon.

1 Like