New BP Charging Points for MK

4 Likes

Interesting! That’s actually my local 7kW charger that’s been out of order for a few months now. I’ll have to try it out tomorrow!

2 Likes

Are they that big because they’re scalable in the future to be able to deliver more power I wonder?

What are “Car Club Permit Holders”? :thinking:

From what I can see from that photo and the old post on Google Maps…

…they’ve converted two EV bays to one EV Charge Bay and one Car Club bay now. Maybe. If so, congratulations BP/MK! slow clap

1 Like

They stand out more than the old posts that’s for sure. Let’s hope they’re more reliable.

1 Like

The tweet from BP said it was a 7kW unit unless I am very mistaken.

1 Like

You’re correct. You quoted me before I changed my post above!

1 Like

Yep, that’s correct. One of the charging bays is reserved for a Nissan Leaf from Enterprise Car Club.

Their tweet did say things about higher power units for MK. I don’t know what that means though and I hope they don’t rip out some of the 7kW units for Rapids instead.

I would assume with the sheer size of that new unit that they are upgradeable to Rapid with not a lot of work. Maybe. We’ll see.

Usually the likes of Enterprise Car Club, not for OntO i am afraid :frowning:

1 Like

Oh - thanks. Wasn’t aware of it (Enterprise) at all.

Hadn’t even considered Onto special treatment…. But you’ve started an idea :bulb: there :joy:

I’m here at the charger now and they don’t look nearly as bad in real life. One side wouldn’t authorise my BP Pulse card, but the other one worked. interestingly it was the side next to the car club space that worked.

4 Likes

You’d have thought they would have put in 22kW chargers instead of 7kW. That would have been a rapid charge for a Zoe! And most new EVs now have a 11kW OBC so would also have benefitted.

3 Likes

Let’s have some 7-and-working. Better than nothing. It is Bloody Pathetic, after all… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Agreed, but 22kW and working would be some much better.
It’s a great fallback if you can’t get a rapid DC charge.

2 Likes

Oh I strongly agree - and since last car swap I’m a whore for any 22 I can get…. It’s so marvellous I don’t know why more manufacturers cannot do it…. :joy:…… but, I’m just sayin’ baby steps with BP…. Let’s not tempt fate that they can make a working charger continue to work for a short while. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes