New BMW I3 on its way

Hi, I’ve recently had the call from Evezy to offer me an I3. Picking it up in a few days time. Just a query tho, can the BMW app still be used for things like preconditioning? Or can it be done through the Evezy app?
Thanks

2 Likes

Yes, you can use the BMW connected app. You can register with the VIN code and then you’ll receive a code on the entertainment system if I remember correctly. That’s the only way to use preconditioning. The evezy app only has the battery stats, lock/unlock function and opening the frunk, that’s all.

4 Likes

Yes, that is right. Thanks for helping!

2 Likes

Preconditioning sometimes makes the car ask for a key, Ive had to stop using it on my Evezy i3 as it stops it being able to start unless you leave it shut down for 5 mins

1 Like

Thanks all. Soo excited about getting my car.

1 Like

Exciting !! How long have you been waiting?
I believe I’m 41st in-line for an i3.

Only since January I think. I told them I wanted it around march/April due to existing lease finishing. I got on the list just before the price increase, so was lucky there. I moved up the list really quickly tho.

1 Like

Wow! Very lucky. I joined Late January.
Praying it comes end of this month, but I don’t have much hope still being 41st

1 Like

OH MY Life… you are going to love it.
I am in my second month of having my BMWi3 and bloomin love it… People have commented its an odd looking car but I am soo happy with it… Will take me a lot to change it…
Good luck and have fun

3 Likes

I’ve been on the waiting list since November-December-ish last year and still nothing. Last week I was told I’m No1 on the waiting list and have been using hire cars since the beginning of March so it’d be about time… Now with this craziness around covid-19, not sure if that’s going to have an effect on deliveries. An update/reassurance email would be nice from Evezy.

1 Like

what is it you are waiting for?

@JTF I expect most manufs will carry on delivering cars to companies/end users as most need to recognise end of quarter sales, Tesla especially. In doing so they will be ensuring safety for both their own employees, delivery drivers and end users, by wiping all common touch points on the cars before and after delivery. Once with Evezy they will fit their technology and sanitise car after doing so and then move it to a collection point, again using best practise cleaning and wipe down. There is no physical person handover with Evezy pickups, so the advice will be just use your own wipes and again go over all common touch points outside and internally before using the vehicle. I expect Evezy, like all other companies have a policy in place to protect their own employess and the public and they will probably share that via email. @Lily_at_Evezy will probably follow up on this and I expect it will appear on the website also. I have seen emails from many differing types of company detailing the same type of information. However it takes time and personnel to get this all out in the public domain and I expect to see similar emails throughout the coming week plus. These are extraordinary times for sure.

1 Like

Extraordinary indeed… thanks for your comments!
@Ian - it’s the i3 I’m waiting for AND coincidentally 15 minutes after posting this comment, I get a call from Evezy telling me that a car will be ready for collection on 31st March so yaay :+1:t2:

2 Likes

are you guys being offered brand new cars or ones handed back?

1 Like

Agree. I just started another thread on this topic before I read this post so apologies for any duplication.

1 Like

This will no doubt be one that has been handed back as there are currently no deliveries of new i3s.

A few subscribers have commented on other forums that they are handing back their evezy vehicles due to a change in circumstances or concerns over the implications of Coronavirus on their income.

@JTF don’t forget to let us know how the collection goes. You could include a couple of photos. (I do like photos in threads, as you can probably tell from my posts) :rofl:

2 Likes

Will do :wink:
Btw how do you know there’re no new deliveries of i3s?

I am not sure they will know until they see the booking in their app

Oh okay, fair enough. For some reason I remember reading somewhere that they will be getting a few i3s delivered before the end of March. Not quite sure where I got it from tho… starting to think it might have just been wishful thinking :sweat_smile:

2 Likes