New app update available, including our new Quick Starter video

Hi all!

Thank you so much to everyone who helped us test our app’s Beta version! We have now officially released the update. In case you missed it, here are the new exciting features:

• Simplified lock & unlock: The lock & unlock buttons are now always visible! No more connect and disconnect buttons with it now automatically done in the background.

• Key Sharing: It’s now easier than ever to share your Onto virtual key between the main subscriber and named drivers. No more confusion or delays if the named driver is connected and then the main driver tries to unlock. This will run smoothly in the background for you! To check who’s holding the key currently, you just need to select the wheel in the main menu.

• Quick Start Video Guide: Thanks to everyone who helped us create this guide by giving us their valuable feedback! It summarises everything you need to ensure you have the best experience with your Onto car. You’ll find it in the main menu.

We hope you love these new features as much as we do! A big thank you for helping us test and continuously giving us feedback to improve the experience for all.

6 Likes

Been beta testing the app. It’s a great improvement. Love the videos too, really useful. Only bit of feedback would be to add subtitles to them to make them more accessible.

4 Likes

Well done all :+1: good work

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1: :older_man::older_man::older_man::older_man::older_man::older_man:

1 Like

Looks great but unfortunately not compatible with my iPhone 6 as it requires iOS 13 :cry:

Looks like you need to upgrade to a new model before April 30. They say they’ll be discontinuing the previous version as of then at the bottom of the email I received.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve got a key at the moment so will need to see what gets upgraded first, the phone or the car!

1 Like

I can’t say I’ve opened the onto app in a long time, having a key and not driving far means I’ve had no need :nerd_face:

@dotpaul: Indeed, subtitles are a great accessibility feature. Youtube has automatic subtitling generation, it just needs to be activated by clicking in the cc button in the lower right.

All the videos have this feature except “How to use the Onto app”, I suppose it will take a while for YT to process the video and enable this option.

2 Likes

Awesome video and really helpful to anyone new to onto and electric cars :red_car: