Miles per month

I know it says you get charged per mile after going over you’re allowance, but would you get in trouble with Onto if you go over you’re allowance by a few hundred miles?

I’ve been so excited about having the ID3, ended up adding the extra package of 750 miles and then agreed to travel to see my family, have done 850 miles already and it’s been a week! Realistically I’m bound to go over, but just trying to figure out it the general rules is “please don’t go over” or its just as long as you know the price it’ll be by going over its fine ?

I get absolutely no range anxiety with it, but seeing as it’s now my only mode of transport after selling my jaguar I don’t want to go over the miles and they cancel the hire agreement.

Thanks

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll be kicked out, but I am sure that you’ll be charged for the extra miles.

1 Like

Yes that makes absolute sense and I’m happy to do so. Just wish I hadn’t gone driving crazy last week and used all these miles !!

2 Likes

I’m very likely to do the same once the Kona arrives tomorrow, and we won’t be the only ones!

1 Like

1 Like

Probably best to contact ONTO on chat or phone and make sure what the story is but it would seem like you have 1000 miles as std. and you have purchased the max 750 extra, so if you go over the 1750 in the monthly period, then I assume you get charged at 22p per mile overage.

3 Likes

Thanks all, I’ll give onto a call in the morning to confirm. I won’t go over by too much, but as long as I know I can go over but it’s chargeable then I won’t have that anxiety anymore.

1 Like

I recently went over my mileage allowance

I received an email with offending subscription month and costs due with about a weeks notice.

Payment looks like is made outside of normal subscription time.

2 Likes

Ah great. I’ll give them a call tomorrow to let them know in advanced anyway. Either way it’s still so much cheaper than anything else on the market. Considering insurance, charging etc is included!

2 Likes

There was supposed to be a policy where if you went over in one (or more) month(s), and paid excess fees, but then by the end of your time with Onto, it ended up that you hadn’t gone over your total allowance (because you’d done less than 1000 in other months) then those excess fees would be refunded.

I assume that’s still the case.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s still the case as excess miles roll over now. I had a few excess mileage charges early on and then I’m sure when they added the mileage packages and rollover miles, they communicated that it was in replacement of the mileage payback of fees.

2 Likes