Mileage Package Questions

@Lily_at_Onto I have added a mileage package of 250 miles for my current month.

Can I confirm that unused miles from the additional 250 roll over if unused? i.e. if I use 200, 50 carry over.
Do additional mileage packages automatically continue per month, unless I remove it?
Can I add multiple packages in the same month? i.e. add another additional 250 in the same month.
If not, am I correct that I will be charged excess milage at the standard fixed rate from 1,250 miles, even though I have surplus miles from the previous 12 months.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Good questions. Have you built up any mileage credit during lockdown, or were you using your vehicle as normal?

Yes, but used a fair bit the last 6 weeks. And anticipate more over the following months.

1 Like

Would I be better sending an email to Onto about this?

Or try using web chat for hopefully an instant answer

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve emailed. My subscription renews today so really need to know the answer to these.

2 Likes

Hi Jason, could you share the answer to your email?

Thanks

1 Like

I’ve had no response.

@Lily_at_Onto I would really appreciate an answer if that’s ok.

1 Like

I’m finding most of my emails go unanswered. There should be an automated acknowledgement of receipt, and a promise of a response within 5 working days.

The Web Chat, however, is very good. They take your email address and send you a transcript of the conversation after. I’ve had immediate answers to my questions on numerous occasions.

1 Like

I haven’t got time for the chat at the moment unfortunately. Seems a shame I can’t get a response on the Help forum or by email.

1 Like

Chat is pretty quick, as you can continue doing other things. Probably less hassle (and time) than a phone call or email.

Hi @Jason, thanks for your post. I’d be happy to answer your questions!

1. Yes, any remaining miles from your 250 mileage package will be applied to your next months contract as a mileage credit.
  2. You can choose under the “my account” section on the website whether you want your mileage package to recur or be a one-off only.
  3. You can only add one mileage pack during the month.

More information on how mileage credits work will be published next month :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

You aren’t the only one not getting replies to your emails. And it’s very frustrating…

1 Like

Morning had my first car delivered last night. It was driven from Manchester to my address (about 120 miles). Gone to login to the car this morning at it says my remaining miles are 893 I haven’t even left the drive yet. Is it normal for the delivery mileage to come off of your allowance?

2 Likes

Same here. Was a bit disappointed to see that delivery came out of my mileage allowance.

Did you have the Polar card with yours? I was told that I should have one in mine by now but it was missing when the car arrived.

1 Like

I’ve spoken to George and onto and he’s going to get the mileage credited cos 100+ miles is a lot out of the allowance.
Yes there was a polar card although the delivery guy took it with him by mistake after charging up before he dropped it off. He’s popping it back today

2 Likes

Went on the live chat this morning after your reply and ended up speaking to George too. He’s reporting it to the tech people to see if I could get the mileage credited back but no guarantees, and seemingly no update on the Polar card for me. On the plus side I now have it in writing that I can claim back charging expenses though.

2 Likes

I hope they do credit it back think it’s in fair to charge £49 delivery and then use over 10% of my mileage allowance to carry out the delivery. Def not on (and to top it off they were a day late delivering) not a great first experience. Fortunately I like the car

4 Likes

I don’t understand. Delivery mileage never comes out of your 1k allowance. Never has done. It’s not a case of seeing what they can do, but there’s no guarantee. Just put those miles back…simple.

I have now done 500 miles in my new Zoe, but according to the app still have 880 miles left! That if course is perfectly acceptable!!

2 Likes