Merc any good?

So my wife has seen this today does anyone know much about them she wants me to buy it for her but I’m really not sure

857c364e5b0c485fab46023723d008c1|666x500

EQC is an EV version that is like other Mercedes, well built, quiet, good drive and it’s an EV too.

I’ve yet to manage to test drive one or actual deliver a demo car, but they look great and colleagues are more than happy to deliver or collect one of these. Have looked in and around examples and would not so no to having one of these for a while. It has a lot of presence on the road.

It’s based on the GLC so shares the styling, dash, electronics etc. Plus more for the EV side.

Have a look at these reviews…

The I-pace is a better drive though.

1 Like

My wife really likes the white one but it’s alot of money to commit having not driven one they do look very nice though so she will probably get her wish

1 Like

We’ve been on a waiting list with our 2 local MERC dealers for a look around or more preferably an extended test drive but… they say they’ve not got any.

I’m big BMW and Porsche fan so happy with my beemer at the mo but my husband hates beemers and wants a Merc :woman_shrugging:t3:

Hoping once this lockdown is over we can get an extended test drive.

1 Like

Well I have bitten the bullet and gone ahead this morning with a used one in white from my local dealer with a nice 4k off screen price aswell I just hope she liked it

2 Likes

Mercedes have a demo fleet of cars (must be many hundreds, if not a thousand) of all models which is constantly updated. I know as I do some part time driving which envolves delivering/collection of many marques, Merc being one of them. Back end of last year I saw car transporter loads of brand new EQC’s being delivered to the fleet (as they were de-fleeting the older EQC’s).

If you want to test drive one, try doing it online, not through the dealer and you should get one that way.
Try this link…
https://submit.mercedes-benz.co.uk/eqc#/&_ga=2.51430059.348170601.1610797054-233868055.1610797054

1 Like

It’s done now it’s coming on Friday I have 7 day exchange if I don’t like it or should I say my wife lol

1 Like

Excellent enjoy…

1 Like

Exchange your wife then, and keep the Merc. A very generous offer from the dealer :wink:

2 Likes

Cheap divorce lol or am I dreaming

2 Likes

I know this is quite an old thread but @Kevcasey (and Mrs Kev.) a few months in, what do you think? Like it?

1 Like

It’s amazing :star_struck: best car I have ever owned however the range is a bit of a let down I get around 180/190 miles

2 Likes

We had one for a week earlier this year.

Had the range been better we may have ordered.

1 Like

Thanks! That range would be ok for me a think as a a real world range anything around 200 ish is ok for me as most my trips are local or 120 round trip a couple of times a month. Must give one a try! Thanks for the update.

1 Like

It’s funny, 10 years ago I would have said you couldn’t go wrong with a Mercedes, and this is 100% personal opinion, for me it’s all about software and design of the interface with the technology that I just can’t come to terms with agreeing with.

Mechanically, drive dynamics, comfort etc they are still brilliant, I feel though in the last few iterations their software and human/machine interface, they’ve been trying to differentiate themselves from BMW with iDrive and for me it’s gone further and further away from what I find usable/what makes me happy. (This is from a few rentals last year of 2019/2020 plated C/E classes, not with the model of this thread)

Everything from the instrument cluster display/config options, sat nav (almost everything to do with it, particularly the quirks around navigation volume/entertainment volume, display etc), the LED colour options for the interior, even the fonts used in the displays they just grate on me. I think it comes down to the fundamental design concept for their whole overriding experience- just doesn’t work for me unfortunately.

I saw the other video on here of the new S class equivalent EV and it had me grinding my teeth before long with the overly flashy interior and some of the features and design- I feel similar things about some of the choices made by Hyundai with the ioniq 5 tbh and realise I may not be in the majority!!

BMW’s new i4 has me scared about their future as they seem to have jumped on the garish interior bandwagon but I’m hoping that’s just down to concepts and there’ll be something more subdued to come in production. Anyway- rant off!

2 Likes