Megane E-Tech: Meet the Zoe's big brother!

Renault Megane e-tech…

Similar in size to ID.3 apparently

2 Likes

More like Zoe’s young nephew and she’s about to pop her clogs :wink:

2 Likes

I like the look of this, I’m interested to know what price range it falls in.

I really liked the original Zoe I got from on.to (especially the price) Mind you, it would have to be a similar price to the Ioniq to make me swap, I feel like I’m getting one hell of a deal at just £419 a month.

1 Like

Probably be available from mid 2022. It won’t be as cheap as the Ioniq though. They may get a lower spec smaller battery version for £499. A top spec with longer range will be nearer £589 I would expect.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d agree with that.

If onto got them I’d probably pop to the EV centre in MK to check it out.

I also agree with your price point speculation.

1 Like

Looks like availability will be end of 2022 from the latest register interest info on website…

https://www.renault.co.uk/electric-vehicles/megane-electric.html

1 Like
1 Like

Seen an email stating there is the first All New Renault Megane E-TECH (full electric) in the U.K. so should soon see some demo cars at dealerships.

2 Likes

Quite like the look of the megane but a Renault 5 could be something special loved that car since I was about 11 lol

3 Likes

Wonder how long after launch that ONTO will take delivery of the first batch. Hopefully current subscribers will get first dibs.

3 Likes

On the one hand I was thinking that might be nice to try for a month or two if it comes in (how long could you put up with a Megrane) - but then I saw where the charging port was placed…

(How well do people actually get on with that type of position, and) why not have it behind badge like the Zoe? :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve driven the Renault Fluence and Ford Focus which have both had the charging ports here. I don’t recall ever having issues with it.

With side mounted charge ports you’ll always struggle with certain rapid chargers though. Some have very short cables and it may not reach without some very poor parking taking up two bays.

1 Like

World premiere: All-new Renault Mégane E-TECH 100% Electric

• New “sensual tech” design language
  • Compact on the outside, great roominess on the inside
  • OpenR the new connected infotainment experience with 24" screen
  • 60 kWh thin battery pack for up to 470 km WLTP range
3 Likes

That all reads pretty well - though the “proof of the pudding”…. As they say.

Couldn’t see “when”…. Just seems to be “here now”…… like “the future”…. Or am I missing something.

I wanted, on paper, to like the Citroën…… but the more I checked it out the less I have liked, and it’s not on my practical “to try” list for the future. I want to be liking the Renault 5 if it ever comes out, but meanwhile….will a Migrane tempt me into a Renault…. Hmmm…. :thinking:

1 Like

A Megane configurator is now available on Renault’s French website.

Have a play around and test out your level of French at the same time!

There’s no confirmation yet on which trim levels will be sent over here. Interestingly, in France, the base model (EV40) only comes with a 7kW AC OBC! To get 130kW DC/22kW AC charging, you’ll have to go for the Optimum. Hopefully ONTO will choose the latter.

1 Like

Now that is just bizzare.

1 Like

Mine came up looking like this…. :clown_face:…… cute, eh?

4 Likes

@K12Beano - she’s a beauty :heart_eyes:

2 Likes
3 Likes

ludicrous moving it from Z position…so are all the huge pillar blind spots, insane handles (offset the brick wall front end aero?..err, nope!)