Lynk & Co launches in Europe with unique subscription service

New announcement, but it’s more than a year away, but good to see more choices becoming available…

1 Like

EvezOnto was and is a good model…
But they need to offer something more in range of vehicles otherwise as other companies start up people will leave as brand loyalty won’t be there… thoughts?

Agreed, since the ZE50 I’ve become quite disheartened with Renault, need more choice around the £390 - £420 subscription point, at this moment in time I’d swap my ZE50 Iconic for literally any other brand.

2 Likes

Just a shame ONTO have basically become Renault subscription partners it seems, pinning almost their entire business model around 1 vehicle is either amazingly intelligent or utterly stupid, I guess time will show the answer. But for me as soon as I find a similar offering from an alternative company with better choices I’ll be gone.

Wonder if onto will add the ID.3 soon, but in the meantime they still haven’t announced the e208

1 Like

No not according to what @findstevenrobin has been told. If you want a new car, it’s a Zoe…or a Zoe :rofl:

1 Like

Odd they haven’t got any e208’s yet. Expect that would give a good balance of choice for many subscribers.

1 Like

Yes, I must agree, ONTO looks to be more of a Zoe subscription currently and almost like anything else they have they are just waiting for them to reach end of life, whatever that is for them , 3 years?

It is exciting to see other subscription companies now hitting the marketplace and I can really see the future being that you lease short term than buy or take long leases.

1 Like

Have to agree and thought the same for a number of years now.
Cannot see why anyone would purchase a brand new car in cash these days, when the market is so volatile. (Its what we used to do, buy new and keep for 10 years, then replace again.)
Used to be easy as petrol or diesel was a well known entity and nothing likely to change well into the future. Now its in turmoil and whilst BEV is the rising star, I suspect another technology will displace it or be complimentary to it soon.

1 Like

Maybe they had to sign an exclusivity clause with Renault to get those 1100 Zoes at a price that makes their business model work. Once they’ve sold their last non-Renault EV, they will be bought out by the French manufacturer. All car companies will need to have a vehicle subscription proposition if they want to survive.

2 Likes

The service I (and On.To) have been getting from Renault has been crap.

Still waiting to get my Zoe back (been with Renault since 22nd August) currently waiting for a new ECU (Engine Control Unit).

Luckily I have the courtesy car, and On.To are paying the petrol, and when I het the Zoe back gonna have A LOT of miles built up… as about to enter my third month and have done less than 200 miles…

With such a big order, amazed On.To (and us) are not getting better service from Renault.

Seeing a lot of the comments from the community, very glad I am back on the list for a LEAF just incase the Zoe become intolerable.

3 Likes