Logistics Charges

Had a frustrating call with OnTo customer service this morning. Was told that because my delivery date (29/7/22) was only 3 full days and not 4 days that I would be charged the full £99.50 delivery fee even though I was still requesting to take another vehicle on the 4th August. I called around 10am today, so the 25/7 and won’t receive the car until who knows when on the 29/7 so as far as I can calculate that’s still 4 days. Anyway, they wouldn’t budge so I’m now out of pocket. Maybe I expect too much of OnTo but I do think they could be more understanding. I’ve been a customer for more than 3 years, not that I’m expecting any favours for loyalty, but I have noticed the service gradually decline as they’ve grown. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same problem with delivery fees and changes, and did you have any more joy than I did?

Just so I understand. You’ve booked a swap, and instead of being charged £49.50 as per the swap delivery, you’ve been charged the full £99.50 new car delivery?

And you’re being told that’s due to the amount of days between old and new car?

Seems odd to me.

Tagging @Adam_at_Onto

1 Like

Do you mean that you are having a car picked up and then another car delivered 4 days later ?

Hi @Marcus I’m tagging in @Hena_at_Onto who will take a look at it for you to resolve. I might be the case that the request has come in after the deadline for us to be able to cancel the move without charge.

1 Like

@MisterOaks @Slimtrader10 @Adam_at_Onto , thanks all for replying. I should clarify that this was not a swap, I am returning to Onto after mini hiatus with Elmo as there wasn’t a suitable car at the time I gave up my ID3 last December. The Elmo car goes back on the 5th of August, I booked the ID4 for a delivery on the 29th of July as this was the latest date available. I was told that I couldn’t change this date to a more suitable one close to the 5th. When I saw early this morning that a Q4 was available I enquired about swapping as the Q4 could be booked from the 4th of August. I was told that it “wasn’t guaranteed” that I would get a refund of the delivery costs for the ID4 as it was short notice. Upon enquiring further I was told that 4 days’ notice is needed, and not 3 which apparently is what I was calculated to be providing. I questioned the calculation given it’s early on the 25th and I wouldn’t have received the ID4 until at least the morning of the 29th. Regardless, I went ahead with the Q4 despite it costing effectively £200 for delivery but the response left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth. I’m sure once I take delivery of the car I’ll forget about the extra £100 but in the meantime, a little more empathy would have gone a long way. In fairness to Onto, it probably says somewhere clearly that the fee is payable with less than 4 days’ notice, but I hadn’t seen it anywhere obvious as part of the sign-up process.

Hi @Marcus sorry to hear about the issues you’re having. I’m just having a look into this for you and then will reach out shortly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks very much @Hena_at_Onto for clarifying that 3 days’ notice was sufficient and for resolving this issue. I appreciate that growing a business has its difficulties but receiving your call and getting things sorted has renewed my appreciation for Onto’s customer service. Thanks @MisterOaks and @Adam_at_Onto for responding and helping things along to a resolution!

5 Likes

No worries at all @Marcus! I apologise for the confusion with the fee. It was lovely chatting to you and I’m glad I was able to help. I hope you have a lovely evening! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes