Is it worth getting alloy insurance as well as excess insurance?

I’m getting my first Onto EV on Friday, Hyundai Kona. I’ve bought excess insurance ready but I was wondering is it prudent to go for alloy protection insurance as well?

Regards

Andy F-G

The excess insurance that I have covers claims for damage including the alloys. Who did you go with?

Was from a link on here, insurance4carhire I believe the company was called off the top of my head. Cost around £49 for the year give or take a few quid.

Regards

Andy F-G

Insurance4CarHire is exactly what I have. I believe people have claimed for damage to the alloys on this policy without adding any extras to the policy.

2 Likes

I hope so because I’ll be making a claim due to this funny angled kerbstone that caught me out. Think it’s due to tree roots meaning it wasn’t in line with the others.

1 Like

Has anyone successfully claimed or checked the small print? Just wondering if there are any limits on rental periods - I.e is it more aimed at holiday rentals rather than car subscriptions?

Had an £840 bill for someone driving into the Zoe outside the house and then driving off. Wish I’d thought of this before.

To be fair Onto did an incredible job and bent over backwards to do everything as smoothly and cost effectively as possible.

1 Like

I have successfully claimed, using insurance4carhire the process was incredibly easy all done online and I had payout the very next day.

2 Likes

Just had my claim approved by insurance4carhire as well. Was all done within 2 working days, so can recommend them!

4 Likes

Was this after handing the vehicle back? Just wondering how Insurance4carhire react when the time of the damage being caused was a few months previous before you handed the car back and it’s condition was appraised.

Yes, I claimed after I received the damage report from onto about two and a half weeks after I handed the car back, but I reported the damage to onto a couple of days before handing the car back and that’s also the date I put on the claim form.