Introducing Onto Friends

Hi all,

We’re delighted to launch our newest project that’ll help bring more of these brands to you: Onto Friends!

This will be a section of our blog that we’ll use to introduce you to our Friends, companies that share the same values and passion for sustainability as us. Not just that, but we’ll also be collaborating with them to offer our community some fantastic offers to boot!

So without further ado, we’re incredibly excited to introduce you all to the first of our Onto Friends: Dropless!

Dropless provides a waterless car wash alternative that comes straight to your door. So, you can enjoy peace of mind and the satisfaction of helping the planet, whilst you marvel at your reflection in your sparkly clean car!

We’re also offering Onto subscribers a free exterior waterless wash, courtesy of Dropless.

Yes, that’s right. If they weren’t already great enough, we’re happy to have the honour of giving select Onto subscribers a free exterior waterless wash worth £22! So, if you’re in an area where Dropless operates, you should have already received an email on how to get started!

6 Likes

£22 for an exterior wash :flushed:

Great for those in them areas and a great program to run, hope it takes off :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @Lily_at_Onto just looked at the dropless website and see they are using your old logo ‘Evezy’ so you might want to get them updated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks good and wish they had the service in Yorkshire :slight_smile:

Hoping in the future offers are more national than regional

Love the way they make you sign up before saying they don’t cover your area …unless I missed a link somewhere

1 Like

Their areas were mentioned in the FAQ’s

2 Likes

Or the bit where they said you would have an email if you’re in an area…

2 Likes

im glad its free for onto first wash as i cant see them getting repeat customers at that price lol

1 Like

I was going to use these guys to do a last minute wash before returning the i3 but didn’t get it booked in time so had to go with a competitor, but I do think this is a great service.

For people who are time poor they’re really well reviewed and I wouldn’t hesitate to give em a go- I used “Car shower” and they did an outstanding job on the i3 (and sadly at a higher price!)

2 Likes

Bucket and sponge much cheaper :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yes, I’ve got those too (and I actually like washing the car myself, it’s therapeutic), sometimes though if you’re working all hours and don’t have the time, a service like this can be invaluable, particularly if you’ve got a swap booked and can’t get time between meetings to do the job yourself.

4 Likes

Have to agree with that. For those people who have very little spare time, these services are excellent and I expect a fairly large number of subscribers will be taking advantage of this.
I’m in the wash it myself camp 99% of the time (usually when it’s raining), but do use cleaning services when I just don’t have the time or energy :yawning_face:

3 Likes

I just go to the jet wash up the road £1.50 job done lol takes about 5 minutes

1 Like

So now we really don’t have a excuse for not having the car valeted before they come to collect it on a swap day :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:. I see what you did there Onto. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Another ONTO thing not available anywhere near where I live…

4 Likes

I have made the same comments to the likes on Monzo, O2, Lenovo and more that they all seem to be London centric, or down south… for events and offers… it’s as though the rest of the UK don’t exist…

So not just an OntO thing, and hopefully the offers in the future will be more UK wide…

Saying that if its in your area, it looks good and would be somat worth trying out.

Would absolutely use them if they covered Newcastle. Look good.

Yes I guess everyone mentally assigns different services/products with a different value.

Me personally, I wouldn’t ever spend £22 on a car wash unless I was getting a valet in and out. Even then it would be pushing it for me.

I’m sure for some, it’s great value but it’s not a service I’d use.

4 Likes

£1.50 at the local IMO/ARC Drive-thru car wash. £3 if I want to push the boat out and get a pre wash done too depending on how many birds decided to crap on it this time. Job done. Quick, cheap and easy.

Even for the interiors they are the best value I found. If I have an Onto car being returned and I can’t get it done myself for whatever reason. +£10 and they’ll vacuum all the carpets and fabrics, clean the plastics, polish the glass and leave it smelling great.

I can think of a few people I know who would easily spend £22 and likely a hell of a lot more on getting their car cleaned, but they are the sort of people who own their car and treat it like their baby. Not the sort of person who would subscribe to Onto - And I think this is the biggest problem. At the end of the day it’s essentially a hire car. Not something that most would be spending lots of money on cleaning or maintaining.

3 Likes

@Lily_at_Onto they are in my area and I’ve dealt with them from a business point of view so they defo cover my area but I haven’t received an email neither has me partner ?

1 Like