Introduce yourself!

That’s just a regional brand of CYC. There’s too many to list since many of the local councils give their CYC Networks different brand names. Unfortunately there’s no easy way to see the full list, other than simply going through the map on the CYC Website to find out what’s around you.

You can indeed access these chargers with the BP card however, as long as they aren’t any of the old abandoned ones which are no longer networked.

1 Like

@Koda that’s really good to know - definitely helps alleviate any range anxiety and issues with occupied chargers. :grin::+1:

1 Like

Hi everyone! I just took delivery of my first ONTO EV a few days ago (Zoe ZE50 GT). So far so good, as it has proven to be more than adequate to navigate the horrendous South London traffic. I’ve been in the auto industry for a long time, and it’s exciting to see that the switch to electricity is finally happening (more companies like ONTO are needed).

5 Likes

Welcome to Onto and the forum. As I’m sure you have found out from looking through the posts, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here, many of them being drivers or ex-drivers of the Zoe. I’ve not had one myself but lots of people here could help you out with any questions you have regarding the car.

Keep us up to date with your thoughts on the car and the service!

2 Likes

Joined on.to today, placing an order for a Zoe GT

My practical intro to EVs was via a test drive at MK EVC, however I have been a passive enthusiast for many months

I would welcome any tips :slight_smile:

welcome. As mentioned above there is a LOT of info here in the forum. A good tips thread here: New to ONTO - Any Tips take a look at getting the various map and planning apps ( search Zap Map , ABRP ) and also consider the excess insurance BEFORE the date of your first subscription starting from https://www.insurance4carhire.com/ (search I4CH on this forum for more info too - but take a loot at the latest Ts and Cs for yourself to see if its right for you!) - otherwise if there are any questions ask away and I am sure you will get more help than you could have imagined!

1 Like

Slight change to that list recently, and now also in alphabetical order too:
Alfa Power
BP Pulse
Chargepoint
Charge Your Car (CYC)
Char.gy
E-Flux
ESB
EV Box
EVDriver
Fastned
Franklin LiFE
Has To Be
Hubsta
Instavolt
Ionity
LastMileSolutions
Mer.
NewMotion
Osprey
Shell Recharge
Ubitricity
Vattenfall
Virta

4 Likes

Cheers. Removed my post to avoid confusion :raised_hands:

Ahoy! I signed up to Evezy ages ago, but circumstances prevented me from actually booking a car.

I’ve been excited for EVs for a very long time. I did my first test drive of a Model S in 2014 and I tried to do one every time they were anywhere local! Biggest problem was trying to find that perfect balance of price, range and space (for dogs, kids, luggage etc).

I’ve got a e2008 arriving on the 15th and I can’t wait!

6 Likes

Hi and welcome EV’s are insanely fun to drive and am sure you and your family will enjoy the experience. One piece of advice which I received at the start was be very aware of the need to keep £1K Excess Insurance insurance payment readily avaliable. Treat it as a deposit (savings or a credit card). Any accident or damage will hit you no matter fault or not. You will ultimately receive a refund if not at fault or if at fault the difference if less that £1K. Many on this Community will tell you about excess insurance for peace of mind and most of us use Insurance4CarHire. Please read their terms and conditions before deciding its for you. Also ensure you commence the policy before your contract starts. Its great value and someone on the community tells us that if you use Top Cashback to purchase it you will make it even cheaper. There is a small chance they may stop covering ONTO rolling contracts at some point so just be aware. I am sure other community members will add or correct any of this info. Enjoy. :older_man:

2 Likes

About to take the plunge but unsure about how I can charge it overnight - 1st floor flat with OS parking. No chargers where I work (4 schools) unfortunately. Would like to get a grant for charger but no idea if that works with Onto - would love to hear people’s thoughts, cheers.

Welcome!

Where are you located (roughly), and how much do you usually drive in a day/week? If you live near some rapid chargers which are included in the subscription from Onto then you’ll likely be able to work it into your routine.

I’m in a flat with no off street parking (but albeit my mileage is fairly low and we mostly use the car for trips) and we have no real issues once you know how it all works- but I’m lucky to have a rapid charger up the road (10min walk) and do slower charging from lampposts (now that we know Ubitricity works!!), plus there is free charging in the two main supermarkets we use.

Happy to help plan things out!

Welcome!

Where are you located (roughly), and how much do you usually drive in a day/week? If you live near some rapid chargers which are included in the subscription from Onto then you’ll likely be able to work it into your routine.

I’m in a flat with no off street parking (but albeit my mileage is fairly low and we mostly use the car for trips) and we have no real issues once you know how it all works- but I’m lucky to have a rapid charger up the road (10min walk) and do slower charging from lampposts (now that we know Ubitricity works!!), plus there is free charging in the two main supermarkets we use.

Happy to help plan things out!

I’m in Christchurch (flat, OSP) or Crystal Palace (house OSP)I drive between the two twice a month (500 miles total) and in between drive to 4 different places of work, about 15 miles per day. Total about 10000 miles per year. Then, a couple of times a year I might drive from Dorset to Dublin or Switzerland. I already have range anxiety, I’ll be honest!

Depending on where in Crystal Palace you might have a fair wealth of charging options- just east of the palace itself there are a load of lamppost chargers (Ubitricity and Char.gy branded) both of which are able to be used with the Shell recharge network.

There are also a few rapid chargers around there which should give you a decent top-up and get you to a decent state of charge.

Your 15 mile commutes shouldn’t be taxing but you’ll need to charge similarly to how you would charge at a petrol station most probably- depending on which car you might get away with weekly, unless you can use the on-street lamppost charging.

Christchurch looks a bit more limited in terms of charging options but there are still a few- a couple of Rapid chargers (think a half hour/40minutes to go from close to empty to close to full (10/20%-80% or so), there are also free, slower chargers in the big Tesco down there by the look.

You should be fine to make the trip from one to the other in one hit as long as you have a decent charge, but speed on the motorways will ear into range (faster is much less efficient) particularly depending on the car, and the weather (the colder the weather the lower the range).

Which car are you looking at getting?

1 Like

Hi, and big thanks for your research and info. Looking to get Peugeot e-2008.

2 Likes

Hi, just joined up today and waiting to see which cars become available with delivery to my location. Interested in Kona/ID.3/E-Niro and possibly Soul.
Excited for the EV future!!
Alastair

Welcome! Keep refreshing on the booking system and you’ll hopefully find the car you want some time in the next week or so.

No announcement of any Kia vehicles yet so no Soul or Niro, but the Kona from both this year and last year are available, as is the ID.3 Life with the ID.3 Family due to be added soon.

Excellent, thanks Kona. I will do. Yes, I subsequently noticed the lack of Kia’s… is there a method to encourage ONTO to get some on the fleet by any chance? ID.3 family would be ideal, but not too fussed I can always change when something pops up
Alastair

Hey Everyone

Just looking and doing all my research, as thinking of switching my 12 year old Astra, for an EV, looking at the Ioniq or the ID.3 as a first EV.

But a one thing keeps coming up, as I do my research and flicking the switch

I have no Off Street Parking where I live, so is an EV easy to live with? , as thinking of using the EV Chargers at the Park and Ride when I go to the Office 1 day a week and then at the local supermarket when we do the weekly shop. Is this a bad idea, and im likely to get angry ev drivers glaring at me with this approach, as well as using rapid chargers.

Thanks in advance a

3 Likes

I’ve had an EV for over two years, and have no off street parking, so it is feasible.

If you use the “fast” destination chargers, as long as you respect any parking time limits, no one can rightly complain. It’s basically first come, first served, especially at a park and ride, where people are expected to leave their vehicles all day.

Using “rapids”, though, is different and generally best to stop at 80% unless you’re with the vehicle and no one else wants to use.

4 Likes