Insurance - Business Travel

Is the ONTO insurance policy certificate or terms available online?

I’ve asked ONTO twice and I’m getting no response. I need some form of written proof that the policy covers occasional business travel (for example, travelling between my employer’s various sites).

My employer requires this proof of business cover to add the vehicle reg to their grey fleet.

I’m currently missing out on 45 pence per mile as I’m not allowed to claim mileage expenses unless the vehicle is approved and on their grey fleet. I’m already down £91.80 in lost expenses.

ONTO have previously told me that it’s covered. However, I need something in writing.

The closest I have seen is the document linked below:

https://on.to/registration/profile/private-media/signed-hire-agreement/

That should give you the full hire agreement with rules of what is an isn’t allowed, as well as the fleet insurance proposal. This includes the below claim:

“To be eligible for our service the Driver must not: Use the vehicle for any commercial gain, business or occupation outside of travel to and from a place
of permanent employment, occasional other journeys to employment meetings that are not
intended for direct personal gain or use for social, domestic or pleasure”

1 Like

That wording was in the old Evezy documents but is not in the ONTO ones. If you look on the website under terms and conditions the original wording is still present -

To be eligible for our service the Driver must not:

1. Have been refused motor vehicle insurance or continuance thereof.
  2. Use the vehicle for any commercial gain, business or occupation outside of travel to and from a place of permanent employment, occasional other journeys to employment meetings that are not intended for direct personal gain or use for social, domestic or pleasure.
1 Like

I’ve described my use case to ONTO in detail and they have said it’s covered.

I will await further clarification from them.

“Travel to and from a place of permanent employment” could possibly cover my use case.

I’m responsible for IT at two manufacturing facilities, one large and one small. I primarily work at the large one and only visit the smaller one to deal with IT incidents. I’m technically employed at both.

Still, I’d like for ONTO to confirm in writing. I prefer not to guess when it comes to insurance!

1 Like

They sent me a copy of the certificate allowing business use - I suppose you will just have to keep asking.

Unfortunately I can’t find it at the moment - but it definitely covers your scenario.

3 Likes

This is from the ONTO Insurance Certificate

3 Likes

That’s really useful. Thank you.

1 Like