ID.3 Electric Drive Not working correctly please visit workshop!

Hi All,

Got this warning today:

I have seen in other forums that the issues seem to range from this only cropping up once and going away to the entire drive failing, car not moving, gear selector going and park brake failing. This just came up - no change to the car it kept driving and was fine and guide says this is a warning.

I suspect the more extreme versions were due to a host of things going wrong on early models looking at posts elsewhere.

Will let it sit for a bit for now and see if it clears. If not, or if it reoccurs then of course will get it booked in. I know others have had various dash errors so just thought I would throw this out there. Will update either way.

2 Likes

It happened to mine and then disappeared later in day think it’s a software issue

1 Like

thanks a mill.

Same here - turned off and on and its all good. My other half was driving today and I drove it yesterday so it probably is wondering where all the right foot has gone!

2 Likes

As it happens I did go and visit my shed/workshop and then the fault cleared - since it didn’t specify which workshop, perhaps the ID.3 just knew… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I got an 'ABS Error" visit work shop on the E-2008 the other day. It even set my sat nav to a local dealer.

Got out the car. Locked it. Went for Starbucks while it charged,. Went back, turned it back on and by some kind of miracle it had gone. Wow look how good that is… zzz zzz zzz

These car software engineers are so clever … :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Hi all, my VW ID3 has developed the fault, “Electric Drive Not Working Correctly, Please visit Workshop”. This occured yesterday after a 45 mile trip through heavy rain and a 40% top up at an Instavolt charger in Ilkely. Not reset today and have logged the issue with Onto in the hope it is a faulty software issue and a reset can resolve thereby avoiding a wasted journey to a dealership. Still appears to drive ok but limiting journeys until an outcome. Any advice appreciated.

sorry I can’t help much - we got this but after sitting for a couple of hours it cleared itself never to return. sounds like you have done the right thing, you can always call driveline and they will send out VW Assist or equivalent as well I think can potentially clear the fault and see if it reoccurs - although that may depend on if onto have left the canbus port accessible too or if the box is using it up. I seem to remember on my id.3 same as the i3, the port has been scavenged by the onto equipment - still not sure why they don’t use a splitter so the normal port can be left in place…

2 Likes