How often do vehicles become available?

Hey, im a newbie to ONTO and am looking to place my first subscription but it looks like only the base level vehicles are currently available. In reality how often do larger/premium vehicles become available? im getting the impression that many subscribers hold onto the vehicles for the long term and therefore im not sure if its worth waiting.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Welcome to the world of subscription.
Don’t forget to use a referral code to get £50 off.
New cars are added to the fleet on a regular basis, but the current worldwide shortages/supply issues impact all manufacturers so as you probably know new car availability is poor compared to normality, which is why the second hand car market prices are sky high.
It’s new reg month, so the likelihood is that cars are available this month, so just keep checking online as often as you can and you should be able to secure the car you want.
What car(s) are you wanting?

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I didn’t know there was a referral code so thats great!

I was just looking for something slightly larger than the fiat 500 or Zoe, so maybe an ID3 or 208.

2 Likes

There is a thread with many codes, but it must be an active subscription when you use the code.
Mine is active and it’s 61c24 should you wish to use it.

1 Like

In my area north Oxfordshire there are mokka-e and e2008 available but nothing else above that price mark.
Looks like there is a lull in new cars available, but there ought to be some new cars added to the fleet this month/next, so keep checking.
You can also check other postcodes for say family/friends/workplace as you can arrange the delivery at any valid postcode, you just need to be there to accept and prove who you are.

2 Likes

You might want to check your expectations on car sizing. The Zoe is bigger than the 208. And the ID.3 Is only a little bit bigger than the Zoe.

If you want a larger car at the lower price point you would be looking for the Hyundai Ioniq or Citroen C4. Hyundai wins between the two in terms of value and range/efficiency especially as we approach the winter again.

Or you may well find that the Zoe is actually big enough after all, depending upon what you want it for. It always is a little bigger than people first expect it to be for some reason.

Cars come and go all the time. Keep checking multiple times a day, and be ready to strike as soon as you see something. Get it booked immediately. It’s only £49.50 to swap so might be worth taking anything suitable even if it’s not your first choice of color for example, just to get you on the road sooner. Then less pressure to swap once a new car joins the fleet which you can swap to at your leisure.

3 Likes

Thank you both, I really appreciate your answers. One additional question being a newbie. - I can see the charging is free at selected charge points, in reality are you able to run the vehicle purely by charging it at these free points or do subscribers usually charge from home? thanks again.

1 Like

I charge 95% free, 5 % paid chargers

1 Like

I’ve been with Onto about 16 months now and have never paid for a charge or charged at home. I have always planned my journeys using networks that are included within the 3 charge cards. The Shell card is super valuable as shell actually have partner networks, so that single charge card is about 15 or so charge networks under it.

2 Likes

Thanks all, this is great info for me.

1 Like

Very easy to use the ‘free’ points - I exclusively use them and I go all over in the car. I’ve only ever used a GRIDSERVE once and that was mainly to get a feel for the experience if I ever needed to use one (and I was super bored, there’s one about 10 minutes from my house).

1 Like

Check out Zap Map to see what charging options are in your area. You should be good though. Out of all the big networks in England you’re covered for pretty much all of them except Pod Point and Gridserve. Most people can get by without paying or plugging in at home at all.

2 Likes