Has anyone got a Mokka?

Anyone got the Mokka?

My much loved Kona hasnt got long left before Onto get in touch for R&R and there are no other Konas or ID.3’s ever coming up on the list, therefore before I get left with very little choice, I was wondering if anyone has tried the Mokka yet?

How reliable is the range?
How does it drive?
Are they on a 22 plate (That way i will be able to keep it for a long time)
Would you recommend one?

I know I could get this information from a review site, but I would prefer proper Electric heads, who know what they are talking about to advise

Thanks

1 Like

Don’t give up on the Kona as the R&R team may be able to keep you in one anyway or indeed an ID.3

Even if they never appear on the availability list for my area?

I would sorely miss the range on my Kona. 330 miles on a full charge last week (Personal Record)

@K12Beano has just returned their Kona to try the Mokka so they are probably best to ask.

I Haven’t had a super long term play with the Mokka personally, but I don’t think it really competes with the Kona very well. You’ll get an upgrade in DC Charging times but everything else is a step down really. There’s nothing especially ‘wrong’ with it, just the Kona is so good that it’s hard for anything else to compete.

-Range estimates are all over the place. Real world range can be terrible in winter.
-Drive is far slower in acceleration, less engaging as a general driving experience, and brakes feel a bit weird when operating the pedal.
-Yes I think all of them are on 22 plates.
-I would recommend one to somebody if the price was right and it was suitable for their circumstances. But I feel like it would leave anyone coming from a Kona feeling quite disappointed… With the current Onto line up I feel like you might as well just get a Zoe (Also all on 22 plates now AFAIK) if you can’t get another Hyundai (whether that’s an Ioniq or Kona) - Yes it’s still a step down from a Kona but you’re going to get better range than the Mokka and save a lot more money in the process which at least helps to justify said step down.

3 Likes

Yes, because they are still current fleet models listed as available, they are just located at a different logistics base, (I can see availability of ID.3 in OX15 area) so would need moving base to base, but that’s part of the remit with R&R.

If they disappear from the website then that means the fleet is moving to something else, so trust that doesn’t happen before your replacement.

If it does disappear… as @Koda says above the Zoe is a good all rounder that ticks a lot of boxes just not all the extra tech bells and whistles the Kona has.

Trust you get what you really want :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Day 4

I wrote a gut-feeling sketch a couple of days ago, just to record that early sense…

It seems a perfectly good small SUV-type-crossover-thingy. I’ve been surprised that it scores quite well on ride-quality and higher than the Kona and Ioniq for cabin sound-damping. It doesn’t chime at everything. It’s smooth to drive - but nowhere near the power of the Kona.

Yup. Range is down. Jury still out on how truthful the GOM is because it evaporates when you put it on a dual carriageway.

I’d characterise it as the ideal everyday first EV for someone used to a similar ICE.

It does a couple of things a little better than the Kona. Rear parking sensor/camera/display is actually better despite smaller screen!!

But cabin, whilst seeming spacious, is more cramped. Yet front doors open really wide: easiest access imaginable. And rear doors are a joke: you may as well try and crawl in through a window.

Charging curve is “useful”

Actual experience (Ionity) 23%-80% in 25 minutes - should be good for 100-110 miles I’d guess.

Averaging 4.1mi/kWh in first 400 miles - not being “careful” (I.e. full M’way/dual carriageway, and a/c)

Summary: surprisingly good to OK, commensurate with “saving” £60per month cf Kona. Couldn’t live with one for ever.

3 Likes

I would say hold on to the Kona as long as possible. However, I have just returned a 71 plate blue Ioniq done about 3390 miles. It was after I had a 21 plate kona ultimate. Our Ioniq (we named him Zoro!) was a massive surprise to me. Super accurate range meter and can easily do over 200 miles if you drive well. Motorway I have been getting easily 190+ with A/C at 22 degrees. Actually pretty impressed with Zoro.

Watch out for it if you are in London Region. Its going back to sheerness depot. It had a full interior and exterior clean, polished before return so hopefully gefco folks don’t ruin it with their filthy cleaning cloth. Each time I’ve got a car from there the windscreen has been so horribly cleaned. Worst thing to discover when driving at night with the lights refracting in angles you would not imagine.

3 Likes

Wise words Koda, Thanks

1 Like

I prefer a cappukkino myself :wink:

2 Likes

I am currently in the mokka and recording my next set of reviews for my channel

1 Like

To be honest I would take the citroen over the mokka much better feel to it much more spacious ,I dont think people realise that the mokka is pretty much a corsa on big wheels

3 Likes

I was looking at the citroen as an alternative as not a fan generally of Vauxhalls

I imagine it will suffer with the range issues as the same battery

1 Like

Similar - there’s just a slight difference in software et al as far I can tell.

The Stellantis Rash (all five) are 50s with (apparently) useable of about 45 and in first 500 miles I appear to be averaging 4.0…. Although GOM is all over the place….

1 Like

I do a full range test of the ec4 on my channel and to be honest it wasn’t too bad I was getting averages of 4.2 and unless you do loads of long distance driving there’s plenty of range for your everyday use

1 Like