Getting no help over Official Complaints

Raised several connected official complaints incl requesting a Supervisor step in - Zero helpful response - Recommendations/ who best to deal with?

The issues are non contentious / breaches of their agreements concerning unavailable balance mileage prior to declared touring holiday (faulty app, phone calls, chat and mail…)

I was given a Very clear promise that it wouldnt be a problem / wouldnt charge for any overage and that they were receiving hundreds of similar complaints of App issues

I was also charged at new rate for panic bolt ons i tried to apply in desperation at last minute before holiday…

Done nothing but triumph Onto to one and all, both on forum and to general public and to anyone who would listen in potential EV circles…

So naturally I dont appreciate being treated dismissively (also accused of 'refusing to use App!!!)

Raheel proven unhelpful - alternative suggestions?

I have already wasted hours on phone / chat / mails…

2 Likes

I’m no expert in this matter, and not privy to your situation but if you’ve made official attempts to complain and you’re not getting a response, it sounds like you’re into small claims territory? Companies have relatively tight rules on needing to respond to official complaints, but you do need to allow them the opportunity to reply and have made the complaint properly.

I’m not clear though on what you’re saying has happened- you’ve bought a mileage bolt on but you didn’t actually need it, but this was due to your car’s mileage updating incorrectly? Or, were you charged overages that weren’t due?

Do you use a credit card to pay for your subscription? You could at a minimum charge back something which was charged to you wrongly.

Hi @griff - I’m sorry to hear this - I’ve had a review and can see we investigated your complaint and issued our Final Response. Within the response we also always advise of next steps should you remain dissatisfied.

I’ll tag @Adam_at_Onto for you on this, as I understand you’re unhappy with my complaint investigation and our response.

Thanks,

Raheel

The App was giving silly readings of balance mileage avail prior to 800 mile trip so I spent a lot of time trying to contact Onto via all means available before I set off

In the end a young lady spent some time on the phone discussing matter and repeatedly told me not to worry, in view of circumstances I wouldnt be charged ’ you have no need to worry I assure you’ - I asked for written confirmation, she said she would get her supervisor to mail me as she didnt have access

I received nothing so, in desperation at the last minute I just threw bolt ons at the situation as a belt and braces approach

Only one was applied in time by onto I believe and they charged me £100 so far

I was accused of refusing to use App which is simply outrageous and disrespectful / offensive and have yet to receive satisfaction

I asked for any overage to be not charged for (as offered by phone) and expect the bolt ons to be at old rates

Ro add insult to injury RFID card also refused to work at the only available remote charger, resulting in c. 700 mls of charges!!

It would therefore be reasonable to simply cancel out the charges for the 250 + 500 ad ons too

Onto have done nothing about replacing the faulty card either

why would anyone be ‘happy with your response’ - you simply steam rollered over all facts and hope I will go away…

Hi @griff

I hope you’re well, I’m Dan one of the Managers at Onto.

I just wanted to let you know that we’re re-reviewing this internally at the moment. Our ops team are looking at the mileage side of this and once we have more info I’ll have one of the team reach out to you.

We haven’t forgotten about you and I’m doing a full review of the complaint

Thank you for your patience
Dan

3 Likes

@Dan-at-Onto

Onto appear to have added £100 to last month Sub and £80 to this mth, despite my endless efforts to sort this prior to road trip and your staffs 100% promise there wouldnt be any excess charges applied

As mentioned, in the absence of your written confirmation of this (despite promise) I was forced to add firstly 250 mls, then still with no assurance…in desperation I tried to change this to 500 mls to be super certain - your system wouldnt accept change…so I had to add yet another 500 mls…to be…super, super certain!

The App is wildly out of sync despite daily use and could not / cannot be relied on in these circumstances - nor could your staff come up with a Real figure, only statements that ‘they are usually way out, dont worry, enjoy your holiday, you wont be charged’

I am guessing from your latest renewal that as I appear to have 750 miles in hand over the 1000 / mth , I didnt need to apply add ons in the first place!

All the charging, dont forget, whilst on the c 800 mile road trip was also paid by me as the RFID card for the only practical charger in the National Park I could reasonably access…didnt recognise your card!!! - Nobody has even replaced the card after all these weeks!!

I expect these £180 of trumped up additional charges to be re-credited to my account together with some compensation for all the costs I incurred on holiday (ironically, similar to the bolt ons I was forced to put on, so add on another 750 mls credit)

Incidentally, did I read that even had I needed the bolt on they should have been charged at the old rates?

After all my loyal support and promotion work, this really isnt good enough

I havent even viewed you email response as it would clearly be yet a further waste of my time! (no refund for RFID failure charges + £180 of charges wherever you dreamt those up from…

I may soon become a tad miffed…

@Dan-at-Onto,
@Adam_at_Onto, Adam_at_Onto

Following above…actually it appears Onto hadnt bothered to respond to my complaints about complaints as I had thought…you had sent an excess mileage statement & termination threat instead!!!

HOW MANY MORE TIMES MUST I POINT OUT THAT I SPENT MANY HRS, BY ALL MEANS OPEN TO ME TO CONTACT YOU AND ESTABLISH TRUE MILEAGE BALANCE PRIOR TO ROAD TRIP???

YOUR FEMALE STAFF MEMBER WHO I FINALLY GOT THROUGH TO ATTEMPTED AND FAILED TO ESTABLISH THIS, STATING THAT ‘IF SHE HAD A POUND FOR EVERY TIME SHE WAS CONTACTED ON THIS SUBJECT…’ - I SAID THATS ALL VERY WELL BUT I AM WORRIED ABOUT POSSIBLE EXCESS CHARGE - ‘DONT, RELAX, GO ON HOLIDAY, YOU WONT BE CHARGED AND IT CAN BE SORTED ON RETURN’

I ASKED FOR IT IN WRITING - SHE SAID SHE WOULD GET HER BOSS TO EMAIL ME …SURPRISE, SURPRISE…NO EMAIL

IN DESPERATION I SIMPLY ADDED 250 MLS ‘BLIND’ - STILL HADNT HEARD, DIRECTLY BEFORE SETTING OFF, SO TRIED INSTEAD TO MAKE THAT 500 MLS TO BE ‘BELTS AND BRACES’ SUPER CERTAIN - SYSTEM WOULDNT ACCEPT IT, AND SHE WAS VAGUE ABOUT IT WHEN TOLD…SO I ADDED 500 MLS ON TOP OF THE 250 ON TOP OF THE 1000. (LOOK AT YOUR RECORDS!!)…JUST SO I DIDNT EXCEED ANY LIMITS!!!.I COULD NOT DO MORE, BELIEVE ME, AT THIS STAGE I WAS TEMPTED TO TRY AND DISCUSS IT IN PERSON, FACE TO FACE (DOING SO REMOTELY WAS A NIGHTMARE)

I HAVE JUST OPENED, WHAT I HAD BELIEVED TO BE YOUR EMAIL REPLY AND IT WAS IN FACT A CLAIM THAT I HAD NOT ONLY EXCEEDED THE MILEAGE (IGNORING ALL COMMUNICATIONS / PROMISES / BOLT ONS ETC) BUT WAS TECHNICALLY LIABLE TO CANCELLATION OF LEASE!!! -

YOU JUCT CANT MAKE THIS STUFF UP!!!

JUST WHAT IS IT THAT YOU THINK YOU HAVE ACHIEVED???!! -

BROW-BEATING ONE OF YOUR MOST LOYAL SUPPORTERS / PROMOTERS (SEE PREVIOUS ACTIVE FORUM COMMENTS) TO TRY AND PULL A FAST ONE, IGNORE ALL COMMS, PAYMENTS, COMPLAINTS…FOR WHAT? …AN UNAUTHORISED £180???

YOU ALSO STILL IGNORE THE FACT THAT THE RFID CARD NEEDS REPLACING AND THE FACT THAT YOU DIDNT PAY FOR 700 MILES CHARGING AS A RESULT

KINDLY REFUND THE £180 AND RE-IMBURSE THE 700+ MILES I PAID FOR DUE TO YOUR CARD NOT WORKING ( A MILEAGE CREDIT WILL DO - i IMAGINE I MUST ALREADY BE WELL OVER 500 MILES IN CREDIT THIS MONTH, BUT WHAT THE HELL - PERHAPS YOU WILL STOP THREATENING ME THEN, WITH OVER A 1000 MLS IN CREDIT OVER THE 1000 ALLOWANCE…)

WHY ON EARTH DID YOU CHOOSE TO ALIENATE SUCH A LOYAL SUPPORTIVE CUSTOMER IN THIS MANNER???..

1 Like

9 Likes

Will flag @Carol also so that it hopefully gets resolved soon.

@griff Sorry to hear that you’ve been having some problems with our service. Just want to acknowledge that I’ve seen your message. Dan is off today but one of the other managers will be contacting you.

1 Like

Hi @griff - I believe you’ve been contacted by a Customer Service Manager today to resolve your ongoing grievances. I do hope this has now been resolved to your satisfaction.

2 Likes

most helpful - perhaps you may loose your patience after 20 hrs + in comms and 2 mths of being taken round and round in circles…

@Dan-at-Onto,
@Adam_at_Onto,

No, after 25 mins on phone with Kim (Service Manager) this pm…she was Still unable to answer the simple question I asked 2 mths ago…

I insisted she went away and emailed with the correct current figure (somewhat academic now) by close of business today…I was doing this over a two week period prior to holiday…

What is my current balance mileage?

Because the App wasnt giving believable figures (despite regular usage) this was my original inquiry weeks before my touring holiday - despite my every effort to obtain this by all means possible right up to the day I set off, I was none the wiser, thus all the problems!

Zara promised directly before holiday that ‘the system is wrong, you wont be charged, enjoy your holiday’ or v similar

Just what is the problem??? - It is crystal clear - Refund / credit my account for the £180 charges and make some offer toward the 700+ miles your card wouldnt work for whilst in the wilds of the Dales (Osprey confirmed it was a card issue, and made me re-try it on more than one occasion) - You can just add another mileage credit if you dont want to do a financial return, I shall probably use it up sometime

My patience is well and truly stretched now…

It was humour, laughter is the best medicine…

3 Likes

I can understand your frustrations with Onto regarding your complaints, but without sounding unsympathetic, I do think this thread should be played out a little more privately

Good luck with your complaint

3 Likes

Hi @griff

I understand that your complaint had been escalated and reviewed by the Management Team, with them reaffirming our previous stance, that you need to use the Onto app in order for the mileage to update.

Management have noted your refusal to use the Onto app and our Operations Team have already confirmed that they believe the app to be working correctly.

Your case has been thoroughly reviewed both by myself in the Complaints Team, as well as our Operations Team and Management Team further.

As such, we are unable to provide any further assistance for you in regards to this matter.

Should you remain dissatisfied, you do retain the right to escalate this via the BVRLA further, however, we have now exhausted our efforts in order to reach an amicable resolution with you on this matter.

Thanks,

[email protected]

2 Likes

@Adam_at_Onto

This is now libel, Onto have now publicly accused me of:

" that you need to use the Onto app in order for the mileage to update.

Management have noted your refusal to use the Onto app and our Operations Team have already confirmed that they believe the app to be working correctly."

I have told all of you that I use the App on every / most journeys - which can be evidenced by your own records - yet you keep on rolling out the same looped glib excuse without reading correspondence

I STILL havent had the defective RFID card replaced after TWO MONTHS

I am about to embark on the same touring break on Thursday, where I shall rely on the same Charger / Card - That will be another 800 miles of charging you expect me to cover on top of Sub and multiple Add Ons?! - Balance usable mileage - I shall assume with all the add ons should be ok…

I spent nr another half hour on phone with your ‘serv mngr’ ‘Kim’ recently, where she too couldnt come up with the mileage balance usable - I said well, put it in writing later today…Nope, various figures but never the useful one

Also reminded her that, unbelievably I stall hadnt received the card replacement - she identified the card and said she would deal with it …last month…

I want a formal retraction and apology regarding the libel, here on the Forum, from Snr Mngmt and somebody with a vague interest in Onto’s reputation to compensate me for this ongoing nightmare

I feel this grievance should now be aired more publicly

Based on your experience with onto are they a company to avoid? Been considering signing up but reading stuff like this is pretty off putting.

@griff I’ve asked @Carol our VP of Customer Experience and responsible for CS operations to review and contact you. If we have done you wrong we will put it right but if we feel that we have done what we can to address your complaint then you do have the option to goto the BVRLA who will independently review. Also to be clear as most on this forum know, we take complaints very seriously and in most cases find a way to find resolution. I can reassure you that I will be reviewing your case for any lessons we can learn to make our processes better.